The "Android Experience"

Master

The "Android Experience"

I am proudly (and finally) a part of the Android world. I have just witnessed the "Android Experience" as of last night.

I have had some apps in the past that I have wanted to get so badly on my phone that I had already had on my Apple iPod Touch. I have looked in the Android Market, found the ones that I wanted, but when I went to download them, they would never download while on Wi-Fi. I thought it would never work and I would not be able to have those particular apps on my phone.

Last night, I tried to download the Angry Birds app again, seeing if it would work. I had a very strong Wi-Fi signal and proceeded to install the app. To my surprise, the app actually downloaded! It finally worked! After all this time, I could finally download apps on my Android phone from the Android Market!

As soon as Angry Birds was installed, I decided to install the other two versions. Then I looked for more. And more. I was hooked! I downloaded games, utilities, and and sweet live wallpapers. My phone is now very well-equipped with the latest Android has to offer. I am so proud to be an Android user!

Has anyone else witnessed the "Android Experience"?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 41
Professor

Re: The "Android Experience"

I'm sorry that it took you so long to join us! I didn't know that you were having problems downloading apps. Have you tried any widgets yet?  And welcome to the land of the green robots!

Message 2 of 41
Master

I think the first day of owning my first android phone and smartphone was the eye opener for me. The day I brought my first paid applications was another "giddy" moment. Smiley Happy
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 41
Master

21stNow wrote:

I'm sorry that it took you so long to join us! I didn't know that you were having problems downloading apps. Have you tried any widgets yet?  And welcome to the land of the green robots!

Thanks! Smiley Happy Nope, I have not tried any widgets yet. Maybe I will give them a try next weekend when I have more time. Do you have any cool/handy ones? And actually, I have had my Captivate since Valentine's Day, but I suppose I have not really used it to its full "Android potential" until last night. It sure is great to be here. Smiley Wink

And Ann154, this is my first smartphone. It looks like I have made a great choice, also. Imagine how "giddy" I was when my app(s) finally downloaded after all of these "download failures"! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 41
Master

My favorite widget at the moment is Clockr or Clockr Evolution

You can also check out Circle Launcher. I really liked, but I wasn't using it as much as I thought I wouldf. Smiley Sad Needed the phone storage space.
Message 5 of 41
Master

Ann154 wrote:
My favorite widget at the moment is Clockr or Clockr Evolution

You can also check out Circle Launcher. I really liked, but I wasn't using it as much as I thought I wouldf. Smiley Sad Needed the phone storage space.

Thanks. I'll give those a look. I am assuming that they are oh, what, in the $3.00 range?

Message 6 of 41
Master

Free!!!!! For Clockr and the lite version of circle Launcher

There are paid versions too. I only bit the bullet for the Clockr Evolution. I wanted the "display the date" part of the application

Message 7 of 41
Master

Ann154 wrote:
Free!!!!! For Clockr and the lite version of circle Launcher

There are paid versions too. I only bit the bullet for the Clockr Evolution. I wanted the "display the date" part of the application

That is even sweeter than I thought! Gee, with all of these free apps, I don't know what to download next! I still have yet to look at more. I really like flashlight apps, as my Captivate does NOT have flash for the camera. When My Mythic was working, I used the flash all the time to see in the dark. Now, I use a flashlight app on my Captivate with a 4" white screen. It isn't half bad, if I must say so myself... Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 41
Master

This might help narrow the search a little bit.

Example of some app reviews
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-central-editors-app-picks-march-26-2011

Main Page of past reviews
http://www.androidcentral.com/reviews/software-reviews
Message 9 of 41
Professor

I think I am officially a geekdroid or I need a life because, I cant get enuff of the google map and some of its addons. What I tested and like over the weekend was the street level view with compass turned on. Intriguing when I held the phone downward the map displayed what was seeing when I held the phone at eye level and as I would turn , every rotated position I took and see, the streelevel map displayed as well. I hold the phone upward, the map showed upper level bldgs and sky. Have family in New Mexico, brought up their addressand could visually see north, south, east, west and all in between views of their home and neighborhood as if I were in a car driving . Very useful for traveling in unfamiliar areas. Good to see if going the right direction even before getting there......could this be pre-teleportal days we are experiencimg? Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 41
Professor

Hi Ann, yep ive joined that site and another android forum. Ive seen that article. Lookfor my logon over there. Lots of news and reviews over there. I have all I need to take my android experience to the next level. I am about to root this bad boy on the next weekend!
Message 11 of 41
Highlighted
Professor

I use Beautiful Widgets (paid), Power Control (already on phone), Widgetsoid (free, I think and similar to Power Control, with more options), News & Weather (already on phone), and Verse of the Day (free).

Some apps have Widgets with them, so if you get CBSNews or Pandora, for instance, a new option will also be in your Widgets menu on the phone for you to select for your homescreen.

Message 12 of 41
Professor

Hmm, i might check that out! 21st

Message 13 of 41
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

I am proudly (and finally) a part of the Android world. I have just witnessed the "Android Experience" as of last night.

Has anyone else witnessed the "Android Experience"?

WB! i just had to comment here once again that everyday is a new and good experience with my android phone! I am getting familiar with its' services that runs in the background (which are dependent and which may not be critical for operation and can be removed).   Having fun on both Android Market and Amazon Appstore.   I've installed one app direct from a developer site (but did research to see if they were reputable).   Simply put, totally enjoying this phone and its customizability.  No offense to iphone owners, but i am glad i didnt get one when i was about to a few yrs back. This was worth the wait.

Message 14 of 41
Master

Agreed! Although, I have been thinking about getting an iPhone lately as a used device to replace my Captivate and Touch - to only have to carry around one device. Carrying two can be a difficult job at times! Smiley Wink But, I think I'll gladly keep what I have now. Both work stunningly well.

Message 15 of 41
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support