Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 18, 2011
9:03:16 PM
The iPhone 5 is being released in Summer 2012 (Steve Jobs last project)

There are reports that the last project Steve Jobs was involved in will be released in Summer 2012. The iPhone 5 is coming and it is coming sooner than we think. The article with a video can be found on the website "The iPhone Addict"... If you wanted a redesigned iPhone you might want to pass on the iPhone 4S and wait till the Summer.

There are reports that the last project Steve Jobs was involved in will be released in Summer 2012. The iPhone 5 is coming and it is coming sooner than we think. The article with a video can be found on the website "The iPhone Addict"... If you wanted a redesigned iPhone you might want to pass on the iPhone 4S and wait till the Summer.

The iPhone 5 is being released in Summer 2012 (Steve Jobs last project)

22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 9:26:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thinking the same thing.

Armed with the knowledge of who not to do business with (hint:  AT&T), avoiding the pre-order scam, and the fact that by the time the dust settles 10 million will be under contract for the 4s purchase, the iPhone 5 should be easy pickings. 

May be best for many to hold out or buy a iP4 used.  Face it, it's the same phone afterall.

Thinking the same thing.

Armed with the knowledge of who not to do business with (hint:  AT&T), avoiding the pre-order scam, and the fact that by the time the dust settles 10 million will be under contract for the 4s purchase, the iPhone 5 should be easy pickings. 

May be best for many to hold out or buy a iP4 used.  Face it, it's the same phone afterall.

Re: The iPhone 5 is being released in Summer 2012 (Steve Jobs last project)

2 of 23 (8,917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 11:17:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

SWEET! Maybe if i pre order it now, i can be the absolute last person on the face of the earth to get it!

SWEET! Maybe if i pre order it now, i can be the absolute last person on the face of the earth to get it!

3 of 23 (8,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 2:24:19 AM
(0)
Professor
Less than a week into the iPhone 4S release and there is already speculation on the next iPhone. Well, might as well start the questions now.

Is AT&T going to allow early upgrades for the iPhone 5? I've been a loyal customer with AT&T for years, just bought a 4S, and if AT&T doesn't let me upgrade, I'm going to Verizon or Sprint!
Less than a week into the iPhone 4S release and there is already speculation on the next iPhone. Well, might as well start the questions now.

Is AT&T going to allow early upgrades for the iPhone 5? I've been a loyal customer with AT&T for years, just bought a 4S, and if AT&T doesn't let me upgrade, I'm going to Verizon or Sprint!

4 of 23 (8,803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 2:52:19 AM
(0)
Mentor
Rumors rumors! So sick of all the rumors and people who think they know it all. I'm as happy as can be with my 4S.
Rumors rumors! So sick of all the rumors and people who think they know it all. I'm as happy as can be with my 4S.

5 of 23 (8,795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 3:42:15 AM
(0)
Professor

yep sure it is!!!!  we need solid proof.   tried of  reading fake stuff about  iphone 5......  

yep sure it is!!!!  we need solid proof.   tried of  reading fake stuff about  iphone 5......  

hello!!!

6 of 23 (8,780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 3:43:27 AM
(0)
Professor

iJustine wrote:

you have 2 post here!!  and you post this?  we need links and something to show us its real **NOT FAKE**

iJustine wrote:

you have 2 post here!!  and you post this?  we need links and something to show us its real **NOT FAKE**

hello!!!

7 of 23 (8,779 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 4:55:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

oh jeez... here we go again with the rumors about the next iPhone

I'm not believing anything unless it's officially said by Apple

oh jeez... here we go again with the rumors about the next iPhone

I'm not believing anything unless it's officially said by Apple

8 of 23 (8,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 5:01:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

you forgot to mention that two hundred of your closest friends have their upgrade date moved up, why haven't you?!?!?!

dwill05 wrote:

you forgot to mention that two hundred of your closest friends have their upgrade date moved up, why haven't you?!?!?!

9 of 23 (8,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 12:11:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwill05 wrote:

Yes. That's exactly the way some of these people think. They think the rules and contract terms should be bent for them in particular. And if they don't get what they want, they threaten to go somewhere else. I've seen it way too many times.

The only person they can blame are themselves- they're the ones that were hypnotized by the phone's release and had to have it, unknowing sucking themselves into another two-year black hole which is tough to get out of.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dwill05 wrote:

Yes. That's exactly the way some of these people think. They think the rules and contract terms should be bent for them in particular. And if they don't get what they want, they threaten to go somewhere else. I've seen it way too many times.

The only person they can blame are themselves- they're the ones that were hypnotized by the phone's release and had to have it, unknowing sucking themselves into another two-year black hole which is tough to get out of.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 23 (8,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 12:55:16 PM
(0)
Master

I am enjoying my new iPhone 4S too much to even start thinking about the next iPhone. If it comes sooner than next Fall, great! But until such time, I think the rumors need to be put to rest for awhile, lol.

I am enjoying my new iPhone 4S too much to even start thinking about the next iPhone. If it comes sooner than next Fall, great! But until such time, I think the rumors need to be put to rest for awhile, lol.

11 of 23 (2,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 1:26:30 PM
(0)
Teacher
LOL!!! You know the routine.
LOL!!! You know the routine.

12 of 23 (2,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 6:16:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by amre74 on Dec 3, 2011 at 6:19:56 AM

Not sure how true this article is - It's from the "Chicago Tribune" / apparently info from a "London Telegraph" article but here's the headline and link - as well as a link to the "International Business Times" article:

Report: Apple iPhone 5, with larger screen, coming in March

• A shopper checks out an iPhone 4.
A shopper checks out an iPhone 4. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

November 30, 2011|From the London Telegraph

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-11-30/news/chi-report-apple-iphone-5-with-larger-screen-comi...

IBT LINK: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/260203/20111202/apple-iphone-5-release-date-march-2012.htm 

Not sure how true this article is - It's from the "Chicago Tribune" / apparently info from a "London Telegraph" article but here's the headline and link - as well as a link to the "International Business Times" article:

Report: Apple iPhone 5, with larger screen, coming in March

• A shopper checks out an iPhone 4.
A shopper checks out an iPhone 4. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

November 30, 2011|From the London Telegraph

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-11-30/news/chi-report-apple-iphone-5-with-larger-screen-coming-in-march-20111130_1_iphone-apple-co-founder-steve-jobs-lcd-touch-screen

IBT LINK: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/260203/20111202/apple-iphone-5-release-date-march-2012.htm 

[ Edited ]
13 of 23 (1,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 6:19:13 AM
(0)
Professor
I'm sure it's as true as all of those other "news" articles earlier this year that swore in the summer of 2011, Apple would release iPhone 5 with a new design and a larger screen.
I'm sure it's as true as all of those other "news" articles earlier this year that swore in the summer of 2011, Apple would release iPhone 5 with a new design and a larger screen.

14 of 23 (1,906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 6:23:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

As with all things Apple "Ya never know"
- Somebody posted a reply to a comment that wanted a link.. I just found a couple is all.. It's not gospel...lol

As with all things Apple "Ya never know"
- Somebody posted a reply to a comment that wanted a link.. I just found a couple is all.. It's not gospel...lol

15 of 23 (1,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 7:25:43 AM
(0)
Expert

It is all 5th estate hype right now, with it being the holidays there is not much new they can post so they need something to get their hit count up.

Will be amusing if it is true through to watch the forums and the screams of anguish that are posted to them, going to make sure I have a lot of popcorn on hand

It is all 5th estate hype right now, with it being the holidays there is not much new they can post so they need something to get their hit count up.

Will be amusing if it is true through to watch the forums and the screams of anguish that are posted to them, going to make sure I have a lot of popcorn on hand

16 of 23 (1,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 7:05:06 PM
(0)
Mentor
Jobs designed five new products before his death. New TV rumored to be one of thevfive
Jobs designed five new products before his death. New TV rumored to be one of thevfive

17 of 23 (1,842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 3:36:42 PM
(0)
Expert

I'll be curious as to how they'll handle battery life with a larger screen. Smiley Wink

I'll be curious as to how they'll handle battery life with a larger screen. Smiley Wink

18 of 23 (1,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 4:11:04 PM
(0)
Professor

spd2demun wrote:

yes me to. the LARGER screen will kill the battery life.

spd2demun wrote:

yes me to. the LARGER screen will kill the battery life.

hello!!!

19 of 23 (1,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 4:14:17 PM
(0)
Expert

Wait for iPhone 5.5. Smiley Very Happy

Wait for iPhone 5.5. Smiley Very Happy

20 of 23 (1,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 4:20:32 PM
(0)
Professor
I would guess larger screen = larger phone = more room for a bigger battery.
I would guess larger screen = larger phone = more room for a bigger battery.

21 of 23 (1,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 4:22:25 PM
(0)
Expert

= heavier + more heat  Smiley Sad  And especially if it's all glass, no plastic.

= heavier + more heat  Smiley Sad  And especially if it's all glass, no plastic.

22 of 23 (1,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 4:50:19 AM
(0)
Master

This wouldn't surprise me at all. It was already said during the last round of rumors that Apple was going to come out with 3 iPhones, the 8GB 4, the 4S, the third one being the iPhone 5. However, since the 5 wasn't ready and Apple needed more time to work on the LTE chip set, it was delayed. I can totally see it coming out in the summer of 2012.... So glad I returned my 4S and decided to wait for the 5. 

This wouldn't surprise me at all. It was already said during the last round of rumors that Apple was going to come out with 3 iPhones, the 8GB 4, the 4S, the third one being the iPhone 5. However, since the 5 wasn't ready and Apple needed more time to work on the LTE chip set, it was delayed. I can totally see it coming out in the summer of 2012.... So glad I returned my 4S and decided to wait for the 5. 

23 of 23 (1,719 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments