Helpful Links

The New 611 is Up!!!

Professor

The New 611 is Up!!!

If you had a problem with refills the past few days, try it again now by dialing 611.
Message 1 of 13
Master

Re: The New 611 is Up!!!

I just dialed and it seems the same as it always does... Maybe it is just for certain phones that the on-screen menus show up? I used my Captivate to dial. I did not notice anything different from the traditional voice prompts.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 13
Master

I do think it is device dependent, but based on the information in another post by ilikewireless, it sounds like it probably depends on whether you use the at&t contact information from your SIM rather than just dialing 611. (?)
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 13
Professor

Wait for the OTA update. You may be pleasantly surprised. Yes I use the AT&T contacts menu and it tells me that 611 is the number that I'm about to dial.

Message 4 of 13
Master

I could always be surprised, but I deleted all the "helpful" at&t contact info. from my SIM long ago. Lol. I maintain my contact information on the phone so that I have access to all of the address book fields, and didn't like having my address book junked up with a bunch of at&t stuff if I accidentally allowed the contacts to be copied from the SIM when moving SIMs between phones.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 13
Master

That's what I did with both of my phones, most recently with my iPhone. I didn't like having the AT&T numbers in my contacts list as I like to keep my phone neat and organized on the inside and outside. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Professor

I just dialed 611 and I got the same screen full of menu choices. Earlier today I got the old IVR. Try 611 again and again. You may just get the ota update.
Message 7 of 13
Professor

Sorry guys. The touch screen menu for 611 comes up only if you use a data plan. Otherwise, it presents the IVR as usual, as I tested it with 3G Data turned off.

Hme83, I got the impression that you use data since you use the AT&T Navigator.
Message 8 of 13
Master

Then no on-screen menus for me... Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 13
Master

ilikewireless wrote:
Sorry guys. The touch screen menu for 611 comes up only if you use a data plan. Otherwise, it presents the IVR as usual, as I tested it with 3G Data turned off.

Hme83, I got the impression that you use data since you use the AT&T Navigator.

Yep, I use 3G data - but I believe this is device specific and my guess would be it may not be applicable to non-smartphones. (?)  At least it's just the old fashioned IVR on my SE W518a.  I haven't tried moving my prepaid SIM to the Nokia smartphone as it is non-branded, and I suspect that would most certainly preclude any on-screen at&t "care" options; plus just the fact that I've deleted all superfluous at&t "contact" information from my SIM cards anyway.  (I rarely access contact information for any calls - I'm generally in a hurry if I'm making a phone call, and I find it far quicker just to dial the number. Smiley Wink )

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 10 of 13
Guru

I'm still getting the old IVR system, so maybe it's as hme83 said not applicable to non smartphones. If by any chance the update does apply to a phone like mine I hope they made the IVR less sensitive.

Message 11 of 13
Professor

It seems that it may only apply to AT&T branded android phones. I suspect that it may not be new as I thought previously.
Message 12 of 13
Scholar

I have two smartphones and the application has never worked on either. Sometimes it blocks me from calling 611 and only brings up the MobileCare splash screen. I have tried it with Edge and 3G with same results.

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support