Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 5, 2011
10:12:02 AM
View profile
The New 611 is Up!!!
If you had a problem with refills the past few days, try it again now by dialing 611.
If you had a problem with refills the past few days, try it again now by dialing 611.

The New 611 is Up!!!

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 3:37:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I just dialed and it seems the same as it always does... Maybe it is just for certain phones that the on-screen menus show up? I used my Captivate to dial. I did not notice anything different from the traditional voice prompts.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I just dialed and it seems the same as it always does... Maybe it is just for certain phones that the on-screen menus show up? I used my Captivate to dial. I did not notice anything different from the traditional voice prompts.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: The New 611 is Up!!!

2 of 13 (1,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 5:07:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I do think it is device dependent, but based on the information in another post by ilikewireless, it sounds like it probably depends on whether you use the at&t contact information from your SIM rather than just dialing 611. (?)
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

I do think it is device dependent, but based on the information in another post by ilikewireless, it sounds like it probably depends on whether you use the at&t contact information from your SIM rather than just dialing 611. (?)
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 13 (1,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 5:16:18 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 5, 2011 at 5:17:00 PM

Wait for the OTA update. You may be pleasantly surprised. Yes I use the AT&T contacts menu and it tells me that 611 is the number that I'm about to dial.

Wait for the OTA update. You may be pleasantly surprised. Yes I use the AT&T contacts menu and it tells me that 611 is the number that I'm about to dial.

[ Edited ]
4 of 13 (1,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 5:34:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I could always be surprised, but I deleted all the "helpful" at&t contact info. from my SIM long ago. Lol. I maintain my contact information on the phone so that I have access to all of the address book fields, and didn't like having my address book junked up with a bunch of at&t stuff if I accidentally allowed the contacts to be copied from the SIM when moving SIMs between phones.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

I could always be surprised, but I deleted all the "helpful" at&t contact info. from my SIM long ago. Lol. I maintain my contact information on the phone so that I have access to all of the address book fields, and didn't like having my address book junked up with a bunch of at&t stuff if I accidentally allowed the contacts to be copied from the SIM when moving SIMs between phones.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

5 of 13 (1,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 5:54:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That's what I did with both of my phones, most recently with my iPhone. I didn't like having the AT&T numbers in my contacts list as I like to keep my phone neat and organized on the inside and outside. Smiley Happy

That's what I did with both of my phones, most recently with my iPhone. I didn't like having the AT&T numbers in my contacts list as I like to keep my phone neat and organized on the inside and outside. Smiley Happy

6 of 13 (1,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 9:02:02 PM
(0)
Professor
I just dialed 611 and I got the same screen full of menu choices. Earlier today I got the old IVR. Try 611 again and again. You may just get the ota update.
I just dialed 611 and I got the same screen full of menu choices. Earlier today I got the old IVR. Try 611 again and again. You may just get the ota update.

7 of 13 (1,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2011 11:15:27 PM
(0)
Professor
Sorry guys. The touch screen menu for 611 comes up only if you use a data plan. Otherwise, it presents the IVR as usual, as I tested it with 3G Data turned off.

Hme83, I got the impression that you use data since you use the AT&T Navigator.
Sorry guys. The touch screen menu for 611 comes up only if you use a data plan. Otherwise, it presents the IVR as usual, as I tested it with 3G Data turned off.

8 of 13 (1,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 5:10:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Then no on-screen menus for me... Smiley Sad

Then no on-screen menus for me... Smiley Sad

9 of 13 (1,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 6:53:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ilikewireless wrote:

Yep, I use 3G data - but I believe this is device specific and my guess would be it may not be applicable to non-smartphones. (?)  At least it's just the old fashioned IVR on my SE W518a.  I haven't tried moving my prepaid SIM to the Nokia smartphone as it is non-branded, and I suspect that would most certainly preclude any on-screen at&t "care" options; plus just the fact that I've deleted all superfluous at&t "contact" information from my SIM cards anyway.  (I rarely access contact information for any calls - I'm generally in a hurry if I'm making a phone call, and I find it far quicker just to dial the number. Smiley Wink )

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

ilikewireless wrote:

Yep, I use 3G data - but I believe this is device specific and my guess would be it may not be applicable to non-smartphones. (?)  At least it's just the old fashioned IVR on my SE W518a.  I haven't tried moving my prepaid SIM to the Nokia smartphone as it is non-branded, and I suspect that would most certainly preclude any on-screen at&t "care" options; plus just the fact that I've deleted all superfluous at&t "contact" information from my SIM cards anyway.  (I rarely access contact information for any calls - I'm generally in a hurry if I'm making a phone call, and I find it far quicker just to dial the number. Smiley Wink )

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

10 of 13 (1,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 11:44:43 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Razr8 on Nov 6, 2011 at 12:01:07 PM

I'm still getting the old IVR system, so maybe it's as hme83 said not applicable to non smartphones. If by any chance the update does apply to a phone like mine I hope they made the IVR less sensitive.

I'm still getting the old IVR system, so maybe it's as hme83 said not applicable to non smartphones. If by any chance the update does apply to a phone like mine I hope they made the IVR less sensitive.

[ Edited ]
11 of 13 (780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 7:35:10 PM
(0)
Professor
It seems that it may only apply to AT&T branded android phones. I suspect that it may not be new as I thought previously.
It seems that it may only apply to AT&T branded android phones. I suspect that it may not be new as I thought previously.

12 of 13 (769 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 5:50:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

I have two smartphones and the application has never worked on either. Sometimes it blocks me from calling 611 and only brings up the MobileCare splash screen. I have tried it with Edge and 3G with same results.

I have two smartphones and the application has never worked on either. Sometimes it blocks me from calling 611 and only brings up the MobileCare splash screen. I have tried it with Edge and 3G with same results.

13 of 13 (757 Views)