The Atrix 2

Tutor

The Atrix 2

[ Edited ]

I have the Atrix 2. Im normally not the review type. But Being that I went through so many Phones in the first 30 days from Best Buy. I started with the Thrill. It was pretty cool...but it had a lag, and the 3d felt kind of gimmicky after I tried to send a 3d picture to a 3d phone and they couldn't receive it. Shrug So I traded it for the Inspire. I loved the inspire but I missed my front facing camera (coming from Sprint the EVO, and the Epic 4g) So i took it back and I got the Infuse... I was sold on the infuse..big screen, bright colors, super fast 4g (Philadelphia) but that dang GPS and Samsung lagging on updates I got into my last week (this week) so I went and looked at the Atrix. 

I read all the reviews, went to the local ATT store messed around with the Atrix (1) when the lady showed me the Atrix 2. After about 10 Minutes I decided this was the phone I was going with.

Once I got the phone I charged it up and the onslaught of Apps came. (I run my own Social Media Management Company)  So I have Tweetdeck with 30 accounts. and guess what?! No problems, no tweetdeck black screen. No Force close. Nothing, commenced to give it  my all...Not only did it handle it, it surpassed my expectations. 

I have yet to have a freeze or a hang up. The 4g runs almost as fast as the wifi in my home. The battery life is great I used it pretty heavily. Tweeting, 3 You tube videos, Zumocasted a couple songs to my phone, Installed 15 Apps. Used Facebook, Text heavily, 3 Phone calls on Bluetooth. and after 6 hours I got to 40%.

The Sound of the speaker is amazing. The screen even though its no Super AMoled. Its very nice, and watchable. The camera is a little ify but its been raining and i haven't really got out and taken pictures. 

So far my opinion this phone is the [word filter evasion]! For lack of better words. Its no Galaxy S 2. But after i have had a couple Samsung phones they are great...but since they are competing with the iphone...be aware you might wait forever for a update and instead they may just come out with another phone and never update the OS. (My opinion)

I use my phone to be an extension of my laptop. Manage multiple business twitter accounts. 12 Email accounts, and various other things all the way down to playing poker. The GPS is spectacular. this device is definitely great. This is coming from someone who had most of the comparable devices except the Galaxy S 2. 

Plus at Best Buy its only $49 Dollars with the money I spent for the infuse, I got a better faster more dependable phone. With a Otterbox Cover. 

I hope this helps. My Spelling might be off, but hey Just read the review! lol 

Enjoy!
Happy Motorola Atrix 2 User! 

Message 1 of 21 (3,068 Views)
Tutor

Re: The Atrix 2

also If your wondering how I keep my battery life long. I use Android Assistant. I go and change the start up apps I know Im not going to use. I set the auto Clear of Process for every 30 minutes. and It works great!
Message 2 of 21 (3,065 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

Hi Mr. OTG, good to hear your are happy with your new purchase, if I wasn't so satisfied with my V9x I might have jumped on the Atrix 2 myself. I to went to an AT&T store and played around with it some, and it's definitely a nice phone. I am curious about call quality on the Atrix 2, how does it sound, and that you know of is it using Crystal Talk technology? And I think Motorola maybe offering an extended battery for the Atrix 2, the BW8X with a 2,760 mAh rating, just in case your interested.

Message 3 of 21 (3,017 Views)
Contributor

Where are you guys located?

In my area (inland empire, Southern California) none of the AT&T stores have the Atrix 2 - only the Atrix?

Thanks!

Tom

Message 4 of 21 (3,010 Views)
Guru

Hi Tom, I'm in Boston, and I've seen the Atrix 2 in both the AT&T store and in Best Buy.

Message 5 of 21 (3,005 Views)
Tutor

I live in Philadelphia. They had it at best buy for 49 dollars and the AT&T store for 99. The call quality is great. With the Bluetooth even though its 2.1 technology calls are clear. I haven't had any dropped calls and even used it underground in the subway.

Without the Bluetooth it is very clear. Didn't have the "huh" factor like I did with the infuse. People had a hardtime hearing me with the infuse.

Idk if it has crystal talk. I know the call quality ranks high like my evo. Speaker phone is amazing. Walked about 10 feet from the phone (face down) and they could hear me well but asked if I was on speaker. But I'm sure no one noticed when I was close to the phone.

I'm on day 2 had long life today. Used the map in north Philadelphia with the satellite view on. Little slower but I was in a historically bad reception spot.

I haven't lost 4g one time yet either. I'm shocked this device is only 50 dollars. Its really a well built device. Feels good in your hand. Isn't so small you feel like your going to break it.

I think the only weird thing is that after you fully charge in 5 minutes you use 2% battery then it just smooth sails from then on.

The voice recognition is clear too. I have a deep voice and sometimes it doesn't pick up. I've had minimal issues with that also. I recommend it heavily for those who want a fast up to date device. Very quick and responsive. And you won't have to wait or purchase a new phone everytime you want a update *cough Samsung *cough.

Oh yea the camera is pretty good. Its going to be hard to get used to coming from the Samsung camera which is amazing. The front camera is the beat I've seen though!

(I think that's everything) thanks for the battery info. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Message 6 of 21 (2,939 Views)
Guru

I appreciate you sharing your experience with the Atrix 2, reading reviews is one thing but it's something else when you get a hands on everyday real world perspective.

Message 7 of 21 (2,925 Views)
Highlighted

Thank you Mr. OTG. IM new to android. IM from iphone 3s. I was Just ready for a change, plus, I didn't at all like apple complete control over The device. Just recently renewed contract with The infuse 4g. Pros: display size, camera. Cons: freeze ups, issues with mms with my wife iphone, and mostly, everything ive been reading on The lack of updates. Is that ATT or Samsung? I want a phone that stays up to date with software updates. IM actually already on my second infuse device, within a week, because of The screen freeze ups. while IM within my 30 days, I was curious if I should trade it in for The attrix 2. The infuse and attrix 2 are both free of charge because of employer discounts with ATT. Otherwise I would try The GS2.

Message 8 of 21 (2,891 Views)

Here is my thing - my advice - my worries?..

I have an IPhone 4 right now, and I have a 2 year agreement in my hands, Ive had it for 6 months... Im itchin' for a new device.. *twitch* haha..

Ive had all the IPhone's and Ive been loyal and Ive been impressed w/ Apple for the most part. My questions are, why is the Atrix 2 only $50 at Best Buy? From what i see, it looks like it could be a $200 phone... Ive been taught when things are too good to be true, they probably are.

Doing the specs and the research, it looks like the Atrix is very simular to the IPhone 4S..

Speed, video p's, MP's, sounds, etc. I can't see a reason why NOT to buy it. Am I missing something here? All I see are AMAZING reviews of the Atrix 2.. I'm about to hop in the car and head to AT&T!

( by the way, I hear if you go to AT&T and show them the price via Best Buy, they will give you a $50 credit to your account to match that price ) Just a heads up from what Ive heard.

Message 9 of 21 (2,855 Views)
Tutor

I left from the infuse. I loved the screen and the camera. When I was with sprint I had the epic 4g. Over time it seemed like the problems got worse and worse. And Samsung never issues updates my personal opinion is that they are taking the iPhone route and just putting out new devices with the latest software. That way you have to buy it.<br><br>I left sprint for the lack of support with the epic 4g. I joined a.t.t and I started with the Thrill 3d. Fast but not up my alley in the power and speed department. So I went with the HTC inspire. No front facing camera. I'm from illinois and I use the camera to video chat with family (now I'm in Philly) I then went to the infuse.<br><br>I went to the infuse because I read the updates were coming. After having it about 4 days it started to freeze and act crazy. I cleaned off the phone started over...and had the same problems. I asked a.t.t on twitter what about the update to 2.3 and at least a GPS fix. They sent me to some page from July that said it was on the list for updates blah blah blah.<br><br>With a couple days left I went and tried out the ATRIX 1.. actually was considering forking out the money. For gs2. Then I seen the ATRIX 2. After 10 minutes playing with it at the AT&amp;T store I went and traded my infuse for it. I'm a couple days in and I still love this phone. Its crazy I haven't been thoroughly happy with a phone since I got the EVO. <br><br>My opinion is go with the ATRIX 2. I don't miss my super amoled screen because my phone never crashes now. I get up to 14mb downloads on 4g Philly. And the battery lasts long while I'm out working ( I don't surf the net from work too busy) so with text occasional pictures, map usage, and phone calls with blue tooth I get about 12 hours. Which is more then enough.<br><br>To sum it up I am happy to stick with this phone for a year or two.
Message 10 of 21 (2,835 Views)
Tutor

@Dellman it is a great device. I normally root all my phones. Thia one is good enough out the box. I have been a gadget geek for a long time. And honestly this is the first review I have ever written for a phone. I truly am that astonished that it's that good.

When I returned my infuse they gave me $50 back I was even more skeptical. But it's a steal.

Even the little things like the music player has built it lyric support. Or the fact when you go from landscape to normal it never lags. I stand by this device.
Message 11 of 21 (2,025 Views)
Tutor

Oh yea I forgot to mention I downloaded the "screenshot" app from the market even though it says rooted phones only. It works great on the ATRIX 2 without root.
Message 12 of 21 (2,024 Views)

I actually went to the AT&T store yesterday to compare the devices.. I had the atrix 2 and the Samsung Galaxy S2 side by side.. I couldn't buy the Atrix 2 just because it had a qHD screen. The super amoled plus screen just blew me away. Yes its $150 more, but dear lord that screen is amazing...  *drools*

I do love the speed of the Atrix 2. Its really snappy, and I got around 5mbps down at the AT&T store. I was impressed none the less. Rendering was simple, and quick.

Mr.OTG wrote:
@Dellman it is a great device. I normally root all my phones. Thia one is good enough out the box. I have been a gadget geek for a long time. And honestly this is the first review I have ever written for a phone. I truly am that astonished that it's that good.

When I returned my infuse they gave me $50 back I was even more skeptical. But it's a steal.

Even the little things like the music player has built it lyric support. Or the fact when you go from landscape to normal it never lags. I stand by this device.

Message 13 of 21 (1,991 Views)
Master

Impressed by this review - the phone seems great! I didn't even know that it had been released, yet.

Dellman87, it sounds to me like Android is luring you in? Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 14 of 21 (1,977 Views)

Yes I will not lie, it is. I'm just looking for something new to try out. If anything I have 30 days to return it...

Wild Banchi wrote:
Impressed by this review - the phone seems great! I didn't even know that it had been released, yet.

Dellman87, it sounds to me like Android is luring you in? Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 21 (1,974 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.