Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 10, 2010
11:23:27 AM
The A in AT&T must stand for {bleep} & Apple is rotten to the core
Edited by mod.moose on Jan 10, 2010 at 11:32:20 AM
I lost my iPhone while on vacation which was traumatizing enough. Now I'm utterly disgusted at AT&T & Apples policy for replacement. I will either have to purchase another 32g 3G for full price $450-500 or renew my contract for another 2yrs for the refurbished model!!! Mind you I've been an Apple supporter for years but this treatment to a loyal customer is appalling. I'm sure there are others before me and more to follow who have had/will have to experienceSmiley Sad this coldhearted treatment. So from all of us I say...{Please keep it courteous and do not go around the word filter} !!!! Thanks for nothing.
Message Edited by mod.moose on 01-10-2010 11:32:20 AM
I lost my iPhone while on vacation which was traumatizing enough. Now I'm utterly disgusted at AT&T & Apples policy for replacement. I will either have to purchase another 32g 3G for full price $450-500 or renew my contract for another 2yrs for the refurbished model!!! Mind you I've been an Apple supporter for years but this treatment to a loyal customer is appalling. I'm sure there are others before me and more to follow who have had/will have to experienceSmiley Sad this coldhearted treatment. So from all of us I say...{Please keep it courteous and do not go around the word filter} !!!! Thanks for nothing.
Message Edited by mod.moose on 01-10-2010 11:32:20 AM

The A in AT&T must stand for {bleep} & Apple is rotten to the core

[ Edited ]
24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 11:39:11 AM
(0)
Professor

You should be more careful with and keep better track of your personal belongings.

It is no one's responsibility to give you a discount on new equipment because you lost your existing phone.

Your loyalty to a company/carrier has absolutely nothing to do with your current situation.

You should be more careful with and keep better track of your personal belongings.

It is no one's responsibility to give you a discount on new equipment because you lost your existing phone.

Your loyalty to a company/carrier has absolutely nothing to do with your current situation.

Re: The A in AT&T must stand for {bleep} & Apple is rotten to the core

2 of 25 (2,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 11:39:21 AM
(0)
Guru
Good point. Guess I should call Sears and ask them why the Craftsman tools I've lost/had stolen over the years haven't been replaced.
Good point. Guess I should call Sears and ask them why the Craftsman tools I've lost/had stolen over the years haven't been replaced.

3 of 25 (2,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 11:56:25 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Corporate_Victim on Jan 10, 2010 at 11:58:06 AM
Shizer! I'm not saying they should replace my phone for free. There should just be a better policy for existing customers. Like the same pricing as for say a new customer. Why should I pay double or have my contract extended -thats redtape BS. Speaking of 'tools'...I guess some people just accept being taken advantage of.
Message Edited by Corporate_Victim on 01-10-2010 11:58:06 AM
Shizer! I'm not saying they should replace my phone for free. There should just be a better policy for existing customers. Like the same pricing as for say a new customer. Why should I pay double or have my contract extended -thats redtape BS. Speaking of 'tools'...I guess some people just accept being taken advantage of.

[ Edited ]
4 of 25 (2,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 12:28:11 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by mkonwise on Jan 10, 2010 at 12:30:29 PM

Corporate_Victim wrote:

Paying a discounted rate and extending your contract for 2 years is what a new customer would have to do. I've never heard of them giving anyone a refurbished phone unless someone physically turns in their existing phone at an Apple store because it is defective.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, it does stink - but I don't think that the issue is with AT&T or Apple in this case...

I do wish that AT&T offered an insurance plan on the iPhone like they do on the smartphones, but I don't think even that covers theft.

Editing to add: There is an exception process to override the minimum contract wait time for upgrades for iPhones. I had it done myself. Your store manager writes a note to his/her VP of the region and they have to approve on a case-by-case basis. I'm assuming you have a police report or loss claim report of some sort. Use that with your local store and see what they can do.

Message Edited by mkonwise on 01-10-2010 12:30:29 PM

Corporate_Victim wrote:

Paying a discounted rate and extending your contract for 2 years is what a new customer would have to do. I've never heard of them giving anyone a refurbished phone unless someone physically turns in their existing phone at an Apple store because it is defective.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, it does stink - but I don't think that the issue is with AT&T or Apple in this case...

I do wish that AT&T offered an insurance plan on the iPhone like they do on the smartphones, but I don't think even that covers theft.

Editing to add: There is an exception process to override the minimum contract wait time for upgrades for iPhones. I had it done myself. Your store manager writes a note to his/her VP of the region and they have to approve on a case-by-case basis. I'm assuming you have a police report or loss claim report of some sort. Use that with your local store and see what they can do.

Message Edited by mkonwise on 01-10-2010 12:30:29 PM

[ Edited ]
5 of 25 (2,348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 12:32:11 PM
(0)
Professor

Corporate_Victim wrote:

AT&T is paying Apple $300+ per unit to Apple over the $199/$299 price, so why should they (AT&T) give you that price when you didn't pay them back with the first contract 18 or so months? Seems like a bad business idea and people would certainly take advantage of them by selling there phones and getting new ones.. 

Corporate_Victim wrote:

AT&T is paying Apple $300+ per unit to Apple over the $199/$299 price, so why should they (AT&T) give you that price when you didn't pay them back with the first contract 18 or so months? Seems like a bad business idea and people would certainly take advantage of them by selling there phones and getting new ones.. 

6 of 25 (2,343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 5:40:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

as a suggestion you might contact your insurance agent and see about a "Personal Articles Policy." I have this on my phone, it costs me $35 a year, and if I loose the phone or even destroy it, they cover it with no deductible. 

Well worth it, as I lost mine while traveling and they just cut me a check to cover the costs. 

as a suggestion you might contact your insurance agent and see about a "Personal Articles Policy." I have this on my phone, it costs me $35 a year, and if I loose the phone or even destroy it, they cover it with no deductible. 

Well worth it, as I lost mine while traveling and they just cut me a check to cover the costs. 

7 of 25 (2,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2010 6:08:05 PM
(0)
Guru
It's not being taken advantage of at all. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the phone and SIGNED THE CONTRACT. That contract said nothing about replacing my phone if I lost it, or if was damaged.
It's not being taken advantage of at all. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the phone and SIGNED THE CONTRACT. That contract said nothing about replacing my phone if I lost it, or if was damaged.

8 of 25 (2,256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2010 4:23:57 AM
(0)
Professor
I'm not really getting what the complaint is here. I can think of no other situation where a customer purchases a product, loses or destroys it, and the vendor replaces it or gives them a discount on a new one. So why should that happen here? Not seeing it.
I'm not really getting what the complaint is here. I can think of no other situation where a customer purchases a product, loses or destroys it, and the vendor replaces it or gives them a discount on a new one. So why should that happen here? Not seeing it.

9 of 25 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2010 6:18:29 AM
(0)
Scholar
And then what happens when you lose the next one?   and the one after that?   Etc., etc., etc......   Are you suggesting that AT&T should simply keep contributing to your inability to keep track of your valuable possessions?   Sorry, but your expectations on this issue are simply unrealistic.....
And then what happens when you lose the next one?   and the one after that?   Etc., etc., etc......   Are you suggesting that AT&T should simply keep contributing to your inability to keep track of your valuable possessions?   Sorry, but your expectations on this issue are simply unrealistic.....

10 of 25 (2,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2010 7:01:38 AM
(0)
Former Employee

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

If they did, all those kids on eBay would be very happy, making mad cashSmiley Wink Maybe someone should just explain to the OP how the system works, with subsidies, contracts, upgrades and early upgrades, I just don't have enough tome right now to write a whole article about it.

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

If they did, all those kids on eBay would be very happy, making mad cashSmiley Wink Maybe someone should just explain to the OP how the system works, with subsidies, contracts, upgrades and early upgrades, I just don't have enough tome right now to write a whole article about it.

11 of 25 (1,540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2010 7:28:12 AM
(0)
Guru

drumn_bass wrote:

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

All he has to do is search for the explanation about subsidized phones. It's been explained dozens of times for all the other complaints like this one.

drumn_bass wrote:

PDCPDC1957 wrote:

All he has to do is search for the explanation about subsidized phones. It's been explained dozens of times for all the other complaints like this one.

12 of 25 (1,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2010 11:19:28 AM
(0)
Guru
there are already 2 threads from this guy about losing his phone.......I don't think he gets it

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
there are already 2 threads from this guy about losing his phone.......I don't think he gets it

13 of 25 (1,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2010 1:31:03 PM
(0)
Mentor
Why does every new user post pertain to bashing AT&T and complaining? Man, these forums should be used for information and help topics..... However, I agree with most here about this. You lost the thing and I know it sucks. At the same time it's your fault you lost it and it's like in my industry.... When I make a repair on a car, the warranty applies to the repair only, not the whole car. Why should AT&T help you out because you're a continued customer for years????? It's not their fault that f'ed up and lost your stuff. Go lose your car and call up the manufacturer and ask them for a discount on a new one. Come on man....... use your head.
Why does every new user post pertain to bashing AT&T and complaining? Man, these forums should be used for information and help topics..... However, I agree with most here about this. You lost the thing and I know it sucks. At the same time it's your fault you lost it and it's like in my industry.... When I make a repair on a car, the warranty applies to the repair only, not the whole car. Why should AT&T help you out because you're a continued customer for years????? It's not their fault that f'ed up and lost your stuff. Go lose your car and call up the manufacturer and ask them for a discount on a new one. Come on man....... use your head.

14 of 25 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2010 7:55:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

Actually, it's American Telephone & Telegraph, or as Archie Bunker on All in the Family called them, American Thieves and Thugs Smiley Very Happy

Actually, it's American Telephone & Telegraph, or as Archie Bunker on All in the Family called them, American Thieves and Thugs Smiley Very Happy

15 of 25 (1,407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 6:01:11 AM
(0)
Scholar

You mean when a customer has his car stolen, you don't replace it with a 75% discount?????Smiley Wink

Jeffy O wrote:
When I make a repair on a car, the warranty applies to the repair only, not the whole car. .

You mean when a customer has his car stolen, you don't replace it with a 75% discount?????Smiley Wink

Jeffy O wrote:
When I make a repair on a car, the warranty applies to the repair only, not the whole car. .

16 of 25 (1,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 10:58:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

If you are so upset, then cancel your contract and go to Verizon, just like everybody else threatens to do when they get mad at AT&T/Apple. And once you are there you will see that they will give you the same treatment that AT&T does regarding lost/stolen phones.

It does suck that you lost yours, but it in no way means that they owe you anything for it. 

If you are so upset, then cancel your contract and go to Verizon, just like everybody else threatens to do when they get mad at AT&T/Apple. And once you are there you will see that they will give you the same treatment that AT&T does regarding lost/stolen phones.

It does suck that you lost yours, but it in no way means that they owe you anything for it. 

17 of 25 (1,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 10:59:22 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Caretaker on Jan 12, 2010 at 11:29:54 AM

i have to toss my 2 cents into the mix here,lol...3 months ago the LCD screen on my shine went out..i was NOT asking for free anything,crap happens,i get that,i DID ask if there was just a cheap phone they could sell me to get me through till march when my contract was up,i was told no that he COULD sell me some phone for $300.00,which i later found was a crock of crap...they had a cheap go phone that he could have hooked me up with..i ended up going to best buy and getting the same one because he refused to tell me about it....but then i also asked about just upgrading THEN to the iphone,which would have not only renewed mine and my husbands phones for 2 more years but given them a bit extra because i was wanting to upgrade my service.the kid basically old me to { word filter evasion }  off and call back in march...i am not so much blaming ATT for this,altho i DID type out a complaint and e-mail it in,but i am blaming ATT customer service in not being better trained to deal with customer problems.All in all,i get VERY good customer service from them,but there are always a few that are just terrible! i feel there SHOULD be some kind of something for loyal customers...i mean,at least WORK WITH US in certain circumstances!!!

Message Edited by Caretaker on 01-12-2010 11:29:54 AM

i have to toss my 2 cents into the mix here,lol...3 months ago the LCD screen on my shine went out..i was NOT asking for free anything,crap happens,i get that,i DID ask if there was just a cheap phone they could sell me to get me through till march when my contract was up,i was told no that he COULD sell me some phone for $300.00,which i later found was a crock of crap...they had a cheap go phone that he could have hooked me up with..i ended up going to best buy and getting the same one because he refused to tell me about it....but then i also asked about just upgrading THEN to the iphone,which would have not only renewed mine and my husbands phones for 2 more years but given them a bit extra because i was wanting to upgrade my service.the kid basically old me to { word filter evasion }  off and call back in march...i am not so much blaming ATT for this,altho i DID type out a complaint and e-mail it in,but i am blaming ATT customer service in not being better trained to deal with customer problems.All in all,i get VERY good customer service from them,but there are always a few that are just terrible! i feel there SHOULD be some kind of something for loyal customers...i mean,at least WORK WITH US in certain circumstances!!!

Message Edited by Caretaker on 01-12-2010 11:29:54 AM

[ Edited ]
18 of 25 (1,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 11:09:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by mod.moose on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:40:13 PM

You know, I want to agree with you, really!  Having a one-time exception for customers who break their phones before they are eligible for an upgrade would be very customer friendly.   BUT then I think.....   AT&T is going to make their money one way or another.   If they toss this perk our way, they are going to have to make it up by charging more for something else.  Since I have never broken a phone or filesd a warranty claim, my cost would increase with little benefit, so I have a tough time contributing to those who don't take good care of their equipment.

dmh101772 wrote:

i have to toss my 2 cents into the mix here,lol...3 months ago the LCD screen on my shine went out..i was NOT asking for free anything,crap happens,i get that,i DID ask if there was just a cheap phone they could sell me to get me through till march when my contract was up,i was told no that he COULD sell me some phone for $300.00,which i later found was a crock of crap...they had a cheap go phone that he could have hooked me up with..i ended up going to best buy and getting the same one because he refused to tell me about it....but then i also asked about just upgrading THEN to the iphone,which would have not only renewed mine and my husbands phones for 2 more years but given them a bit extra because i was wanting to upgrade my service.the kid basically old me to {word filter evasion}  off and call back in march...i am not so much blaming ATT for this,altho i DID type out a complaint and e-mail it in,but i am blaming ATT customer service in not being better trained to deal with customer problems.All in all,i get VERY good customer service from them,but there are always a few that are just terrible! i feel there SHOULD be some kind of something for loyal customers...i mean,at least WORK WITH US in certain circumstances!!!

Message Edited by mod.moose on 01-12-2010 04:40:13 PM

You know, I want to agree with you, really!  Having a one-time exception for customers who break their phones before they are eligible for an upgrade would be very customer friendly.   BUT then I think.....   AT&T is going to make their money one way or another.   If they toss this perk our way, they are going to have to make it up by charging more for something else.  Since I have never broken a phone or filesd a warranty claim, my cost would increase with little benefit, so I have a tough time contributing to those who don't take good care of their equipment.

dmh101772 wrote:

i have to toss my 2 cents into the mix here,lol...3 months ago the LCD screen on my shine went out..i was NOT asking for free anything,crap happens,i get that,i DID ask if there was just a cheap phone they could sell me to get me through till march when my contract was up,i was told no that he COULD sell me some phone for $300.00,which i later found was a crock of crap...they had a cheap go phone that he could have hooked me up with..i ended up going to best buy and getting the same one because he refused to tell me about it....but then i also asked about just upgrading THEN to the iphone,which would have not only renewed mine and my husbands phones for 2 more years but given them a bit extra because i was wanting to upgrade my service.the kid basically old me to {word filter evasion}  off and call back in march...i am not so much blaming ATT for this,altho i DID type out a complaint and e-mail it in,but i am blaming ATT customer service in not being better trained to deal with customer problems.All in all,i get VERY good customer service from them,but there are always a few that are just terrible! i feel there SHOULD be some kind of something for loyal customers...i mean,at least WORK WITH US in certain circumstances!!!

Message Edited by mod.moose on 01-12-2010 04:40:13 PM

[ Edited ]
19 of 25 (1,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 11:14:20 AM
(0)
Mentor
Oh yeah, I certainly agree and in my years of existance I've encountered numerous problems with their service. You can call 3 times in a row, ask the same thing, and get 3 answers. VERY large reason I went to these forums for information. What a better way to get knowledge than to ask the folks who use the product! I will say though that when I call, I get very specific about what I'm complaining about. I've even asked for managers, etc...... every time I have taken the calm and respective route, I've been compensated on my bill for it. They really have taken care of me to an extent. I'm not defending their lack of training by ANY means but it just goes to show that when you have an issue it is much better to be civil about it and realize that !#@/* happens.
Oh yeah, I certainly agree and in my years of existance I've encountered numerous problems with their service. You can call 3 times in a row, ask the same thing, and get 3 answers. VERY large reason I went to these forums for information. What a better way to get knowledge than to ask the folks who use the product! I will say though that when I call, I get very specific about what I'm complaining about. I've even asked for managers, etc...... every time I have taken the calm and respective route, I've been compensated on my bill for it. They really have taken care of me to an extent. I'm not defending their lack of training by ANY means but it just goes to show that when you have an issue it is much better to be civil about it and realize that !#@/* happens.

20 of 25 (1,315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 11:34:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Corporate_Victim wrote:

Subsidized pricing is not a way to make customers happy.  Its a way to lock them into a service contract.  They already got you, so they don't need to do that.  Why would they want to lose profit for a customer they already have on contract?

Corporate_Victim wrote:

Subsidized pricing is not a way to make customers happy.  Its a way to lock them into a service contract.  They already got you, so they don't need to do that.  Why would they want to lose profit for a customer they already have on contract?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

21 of 25 (1,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 12:49:09 PM
(0)
Mentor
i didnt say have a one time exception,i meant to WORK WITH loyal customers that has been with them,in my case,over 10 years...and i didnt break my phone,the screen puked out all by it's lil self Smiley Wink  crap happens.... I was not asking for ANYTHING but some help getting A) either a cheap phone to get me through or B) an upgrade a few months early...i HONESTLY dont think either of those 2 things are THAT much to ask,IMHO
i didnt say have a one time exception,i meant to WORK WITH loyal customers that has been with them,in my case,over 10 years...and i didnt break my phone,the screen puked out all by it's lil self Smiley Wink  crap happens.... I was not asking for ANYTHING but some help getting A) either a cheap phone to get me through or B) an upgrade a few months early...i HONESTLY dont think either of those 2 things are THAT much to ask,IMHO

22 of 25 (1,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2010 4:08:14 PM
(0)
Guru

This is all to much heard. Keep in mind the majority of people out here are under economic stress & will do just about anything to make a quick buck. this is turning honest people into dishonest people every minute of everyday. Imagine if AT&T had it where if you buy an iPhone & it's lost/ stolen they give you the same discounted price 1 time. The stores & customer service would be flooded w/ people who's iPhones were "lost or stolen" & mysteriously happen to find themselves on EBAY or CRAIGSLIST lol. I just sold my iPhone 3G 8GB model for $300 reaping me a profit of $200. I bout it @ the $99 price & sold it for $300 no problem. A $200 profit off AN OLD phone. For some it's the fact of having an iPhone period. To keep up with the Joneses.

But back on topic. Imagine the people who would buy iPhones, "lose or have them stolen" & then call in to get it replaced. Buying an iPhone 3G 8GB for $99, selling it for $200 & then getting it replaced for $99, you still make a profit of $100. People know this logic & while AT&T & Apple could possibly do more, they have to protect their #1 customer: THEMSELVES. If a business doesn't protect itself, you won't be in business @ all eventually. You'll lose more than you take in. Everyone says AT&T is a huge company. Keep in mind they have overhead. Those reps you call & cuss out ever month have to get paid. Their managers, their managers managers, the execs, everyone up the chain of command from the janitor to the CEO of AT&T Randall Stephenson has to get paid. So what they have coming in is going right back out. A lot of it. But no one thinks of this @ all.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

This is all to much heard. Keep in mind the majority of people out here are under economic stress & will do just about anything to make a quick buck. this is turning honest people into dishonest people every minute of everyday. Imagine if AT&T had it where if you buy an iPhone & it's lost/ stolen they give you the same discounted price 1 time. The stores & customer service would be flooded w/ people who's iPhones were "lost or stolen" & mysteriously happen to find themselves on EBAY or CRAIGSLIST lol. I just sold my iPhone 3G 8GB model for $300 reaping me a profit of $200. I bout it @ the $99 price & sold it for $300 no problem. A $200 profit off AN OLD phone. For some it's the fact of having an iPhone period. To keep up with the Joneses.

But back on topic. Imagine the people who would buy iPhones, "lose or have them stolen" & then call in to get it replaced. Buying an iPhone 3G 8GB for $99, selling it for $200 & then getting it replaced for $99, you still make a profit of $100. People know this logic & while AT&T & Apple could possibly do more, they have to protect their #1 customer: THEMSELVES. If a business doesn't protect itself, you won't be in business @ all eventually. You'll lose more than you take in. Everyone says AT&T is a huge company. Keep in mind they have overhead. Those reps you call & cuss out ever month have to get paid. Their managers, their managers managers, the execs, everyone up the chain of command from the janitor to the CEO of AT&T Randall Stephenson has to get paid. So what they have coming in is going right back out. A lot of it. But no one thinks of this @ all.

23 of 25 (1,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2010 8:54:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dmh101772 wrote:

Personally, I think its a far better practive for a company to deal with all their customers the same way, rather than appease the ones that yell louder, or cry more.  I've seen it plenty of times, where a store will give into a customer just because he abuses and screams at the poor employe. That kind of behaviour really ticks me off.  Why did that guy just get something for free that I had to pay for, just by being a crazy rude person?  Make that one guy happy, then anger all the other customers who witnessed it.  Or set a bad precedence that you can get your way just by losing your temper.

Better for a company to have policies which support the customer when he needs it, and for those policies to be enforced in a uniform matter. If you're askng for a change in policy, I'd say that's a much better solution.  Leaving it for a customer rep to "work with the customer" just leads to inconsistancy and confusion.

Rewarding customer loyalty is a valid point.   But again, a written policy is better than leaving it to individual support reps.

dmh101772 wrote:

Personally, I think its a far better practive for a company to deal with all their customers the same way, rather than appease the ones that yell louder, or cry more.  I've seen it plenty of times, where a store will give into a customer just because he abuses and screams at the poor employe. That kind of behaviour really ticks me off.  Why did that guy just get something for free that I had to pay for, just by being a crazy rude person?  Make that one guy happy, then anger all the other customers who witnessed it.  Or set a bad precedence that you can get your way just by losing your temper.

Better for a company to have policies which support the customer when he needs it, and for those policies to be enforced in a uniform matter. If you're askng for a change in policy, I'd say that's a much better solution.  Leaving it for a customer rep to "work with the customer" just leads to inconsistancy and confusion.

Rewarding customer loyalty is a valid point.   But again, a written policy is better than leaving it to individual support reps.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

24 of 25 (921 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2010 9:41:52 AM
(0)
Professor
I completely agree. Uniform, consistent rules and policies make much more sense than arbitrary "squeaky wheel gets the oil" thinking.
I completely agree. Uniform, consistent rules and policies make much more sense than arbitrary "squeaky wheel gets the oil" thinking.

25 of 25 (907 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments