Texts hacked?

Contributor

Texts hacked?

My girlfriend confronted me with a text conversation I had with a friend a few weeks ago, but she read the conversation from her phone.  How is this possible? 

Message 1 of 6 (579 Views)

Re: Texts hacked?

Could the friend have forwarded her either the texts or a screenshot of them? You don't say what kind of phone you have, but hacking into your phone isn't a simple process. That said, there are apps that will remotely monitor your activity, but she would need to have had access to your phone to install it.

Message 2 of 6 (548 Views)
Contributor

I'm on Windows phone.  She's on the IPhone4.  She may have had short term access to my phone, although I never shared my passcode with her.

Message 3 of 6 (543 Views)
Contributor

Oh...and the friend didn't forward anything.

Message 4 of 6 (535 Views)

Well, she either had access to your phone or the recipient's phone, or someone forwarded her the messages. There's no other possible explanation. And even if you didn't give her your passcode, she could have figured it out. You might want to try resetting your phone to factory settings and see if she's still receiving copies of your messages.

Message 5 of 6 (487 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Don't send messages you shouldnt?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (453 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.