Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2011
6:32:08 AM
Texts...can someone else know what I'm texting??

Is there ANY way possible that another person could know what I am texting?  My ex has said things to me that I have ONLY texted to another person.  My ex does not have access to my phone or my wireless account...at least not that I know of.  But it's like he knows what is being said all the time.  He has hacked my facebook account before so I was wondering if there was some way to hack a phone and read texts?

Is there ANY way possible that another person could know what I am texting?  My ex has said things to me that I have ONLY texted to another person.  My ex does not have access to my phone or my wireless account...at least not that I know of.  But it's like he knows what is being said all the time.  He has hacked my facebook account before so I was wondering if there was some way to hack a phone and read texts?

Texts...can someone else know what I'm texting??

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 8:05:06 AM
(0)
Employee

none that i know of.  it can be read from the phone but not your online account.  you sure the other person isnt giving it to him?  i hate to ask that but if you arent doing it, maybe that person is.  it can be emailed to someone or sent to them in a text but no way to go in and get it off your phone that i know of except by physically having your phone in hand.  sorry if i rambled.

none that i know of.  it can be read from the phone but not your online account.  you sure the other person isnt giving it to him?  i hate to ask that but if you arent doing it, maybe that person is.  it can be emailed to someone or sent to them in a text but no way to go in and get it off your phone that i know of except by physically having your phone in hand.  sorry if i rambled.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Texts...can someone else know what I'm texting??

2 of 6 (11,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 8:43:02 AM
(0)
Mentor

Oh please... finding out your password =/= hacking.

Anyway, yes, there are multitude of ways for others to gain access to your texts:

a) Simply calling AT&T with a warrant,

b) Gaining physical access to phones (either yours, or the people you text),

c) The party member(s) gossips regarding your texts,

d) The party member(s) is subscribed to Google Voice, and the GV account is compromised

etc. etc.

Oh please... finding out your password =/= hacking.

Anyway, yes, there are multitude of ways for others to gain access to your texts:

a) Simply calling AT&T with a warrant,

b) Gaining physical access to phones (either yours, or the people you text),

c) The party member(s) gossips regarding your texts,

d) The party member(s) is subscribed to Google Voice, and the GV account is compromised

etc. etc.

3 of 6 (11,258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 11:38:47 AM
(0)
Employee

yeah but even if they hacked your online account, if you have one, they still couldnt read your text messages.  att does not list those on the online account.  as for simply calling att with a warrant.  its not that easy.  they can call and tell customer service day long that they have a warranty and customer service does not have access to the text messages.  there are quite a few hoops to go thru on that score.  gossiping is what makes the most sense to me that or someone you know that has access to your phone sending him the messages but you would probably be able to see from your phone whether a message was forwarded or not.

yeah but even if they hacked your online account, if you have one, they still couldnt read your text messages.  att does not list those on the online account.  as for simply calling att with a warrant.  its not that easy.  they can call and tell customer service day long that they have a warranty and customer service does not have access to the text messages.  there are quite a few hoops to go thru on that score.  gossiping is what makes the most sense to me that or someone you know that has access to your phone sending him the messages but you would probably be able to see from your phone whether a message was forwarded or not.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (11,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 12:47:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

The two parties do not know eachother and are hundreds of miles apart so I know for sure it's not someone sending him the messages or gossip.  It's just weird some of the things he's said that were only in text form from me to this other person. 

The two parties do not know eachother and are hundreds of miles apart so I know for sure it's not someone sending him the messages or gossip.  It's just weird some of the things he's said that were only in text form from me to this other person. 

5 of 6 (11,233 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 12:48:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well, I consider "finding" out my password and the posting on someone else's wall as me, hacking.

Well, I consider "finding" out my password and the posting on someone else's wall as me, hacking.

6 of 6 (11,232 Views)