Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 1, 2009
1:59:01 PM
View profile
Texting to a USA phone that is out of the country
I have an iPhone and live in the USA. I have a friend that has a USA phone and is temporarily using that phone in another country. I have received her texts however I don't think she is receiving mine. Do you know why this is? Help & suggestions? Thank you.
I have an iPhone and live in the USA. I have a friend that has a USA phone and is temporarily using that phone in another country. I have received her texts however I don't think she is receiving mine. Do you know why this is? Help & suggestions? Thank you.

Texting to a USA phone that is out of the country

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2009 4:30:45 PM
(0)
Guru
Telling her to try and force her phone to a competing network in the country that she is visiting, (e.g. if she is currently roaming on Vodafone, switch to 02).  
Telling her to try and force her phone to a competing network in the country that she is visiting, (e.g. if she is currently roaming on Vodafone, switch to 02).  

Re: Texting to a USA phone that is out of the country

2 of 3 (2,547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 7:38:08 PM
(0)
Professor
There are occasions unfortunately that text messages get "stuck" internationally. As the previous poster mentioned, ask your friend to try and connect to a different network. It may resolve the issue.
There are occasions unfortunately that text messages get "stuck" internationally. As the previous poster mentioned, ask your friend to try and connect to a different network. It may resolve the issue.

Re: Texting to a USA phone that is out of the country

3 of 3 (2,505 Views)