Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 7, 2011
10:24:06 AM
View profile
Texting time issue

In the last couple of days I have been getting texts that are coming thru with time stamps later than the current time, IE..The text says it was sent at 7:43 yet the time is only 7:22.... Any one know how to fix this?  I have tried restarting the phone, and making sure the phone is the correct time.  Its very annoying due to all the messages are not in the right order and sometimes it doesn't give you a notification that it was received....

Thanks

In the last couple of days I have been getting texts that are coming thru with time stamps later than the current time, IE..The text says it was sent at 7:43 yet the time is only 7:22.... Any one know how to fix this?  I have tried restarting the phone, and making sure the phone is the correct time.  Its very annoying due to all the messages are not in the right order and sometimes it doesn't give you a notification that it was received....

Thanks

Texting time issue

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 11:25:00 AM
(0)
Master
Time change glitch? Daylight savings to std time
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Time change glitch? Daylight savings to std time
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Texting time issue

2 of 5 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 5:48:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

No, was happening before that, and it wasn't an hour differance just like 20 minutes or 10 minutes....no specific span of time......Thanks for the thought tho!

No, was happening before that, and it wasn't an hour differance just like 20 minutes or 10 minutes....no specific span of time......Thanks for the thought tho!

3 of 5 (308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 7:28:10 AM
(0)
Employee

This is likely to the time being different on the different network elements that are used to transport the SMS and movement from different network nodes by you or the other party.

Say I send an SMS from an area where the network node says the time is 300pm. When it arrives at its destination (that is using different network nodes that I), the time stamp on my sent message shows 300pm however the received devices time shows that it is 258pm. That would make it appear that the message was from the FutureSmiley Happy

As it is now, the wireless network nodes are not synced when it comes to the time so it is possible to see this for anything that uses a time stamp from the network.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

This is likely to the time being different on the different network elements that are used to transport the SMS and movement from different network nodes by you or the other party.

Say I send an SMS from an area where the network node says the time is 300pm. When it arrives at its destination (that is using different network nodes that I), the time stamp on my sent message shows 300pm however the received devices time shows that it is 258pm. That would make it appear that the message was from the FutureSmiley Happy

As it is now, the wireless network nodes are not synced when it comes to the time so it is possible to see this for anything that uses a time stamp from the network.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 6:44:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Would need to know what phone, or even what operating system you are talking about, in order to properly help.

If an Android phone, find "SMS Time Fix" in the Android Market, install and it should fix the problem.

Would need to know what phone, or even what operating system you are talking about, in order to properly help.

If an Android phone, find "SMS Time Fix" in the Android Market, install and it should fix the problem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (248 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments