Texting issues

Contributor

Texting issues

Is anyone else having a problem either sending or receiving text messages from any carriers other than AT&T?  I don't seem to be receiving text messages from verizon customers?
Message 1 of 8
Guru

Re: Texting issues

It's common problem with Verizon if someone sends you SMS larger then 160 characters... as reported by many users.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

I have the iphone 3g16gb
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

thanks for the input but the messages are rather small.  Just a simple "good morning" is not even coming through
Message 4 of 8
Mentor

yea this morning my gf who has verizon has been texting me but it is taking 2-3hours for the texts to go through.. They are comeing in 3-4 texts at a time... On her end it shows that they were delivered...   She is getting mine as soon as i send them..  also not one of the messages she has sent me this morning are even close to 160 characters...
Message Edited by Loki007420 on 08-26-2009 09:09:00 AM
Message 5 of 8
Master

Others have had this issue as well. It always ends with the same scenerio. Verizon tells you it;s att's fault. and Att tells you it's Verizon's fault.  But no one ever wants to trouble shoot the problem.  
Message 6 of 8
Scholar

Most of my friends have Verizon and I get there message right away, not sure if this just happens in certain markets but there is no issue here in the Omaha (Thats in Nebraska) area.
Message 7 of 8
Master

I have no problems with my texts to verizon customers. except one person receives my MMs hours later
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support