Texting issues with latest update???

Tutor

Texting issues with latest update???

I'm having a lot of trouble with texting shows it goes out on my phone but they don't receive it. Couple other people I know are having the same problem. I changed from iphone 4 to iphone 4S. My daughter just updated her iphone 4 software & she is having the same issues.

Message 1 of 6 (1,177 Views)
Expert

Re: Texting issues with latest update???

diane655 wrote:

I'm having a lot of trouble with texting shows it goes out on my phone but they don't receive it. Couple other people I know are having the same problem. I changed from iphone 4 to iphone 4S. My daughter just updated her iphone 4 software & she is having the same issues.

did you restart your phones?

Message 2 of 6 (1,164 Views)
Tutor

Oh yes!! Several times. Some go thru some don't.

Message 3 of 6 (1,155 Views)
Former Community Manager

Hi there...

Just to clarify, is this happening with text messages (SMS) or iMessages (new with iOS5)?

On your phone, the green one is text messages and the blue is iMessages. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (1,148 Views)
Contributor

SMS is not going through - iMessages are fine.

Message 5 of 6 (1,048 Views)
Former Community Manager

It sounds like maybe your texting plan didn't carry through when you upgraded. 

Would you please login to your account at www.att.com and verify that your texting plan is listed? Regardless of whether it is or isn't, please send me a private message with your name, account number, your contact phone number and the best time to contact you. I'll ask a member of our team to give you a call. 

If the texting plan didn't carry over to your upgraded phones, it's an easy fix. If it did and you're still having issues texting, we have a whole other problem to figure out.  Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (1,042 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.