Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 19, 2012
1:29:35 AM
View profile
Texting from within Canada

I have an iPhone with unlimited texting and a fairly decent amount of calling minutes. Anyways, for the next few months, I will be in Canada, and will need to call/text both US numbers and Canadian numbers.

As of now, I've turned off my phone as iti s roaming and I want to avoid  picking up any additional costs. I did some searching, and the only package I could really find was some sort of $10 per month for 200 international text messages. Seems pretty expensive..

I remember when I was with Verizon that they had a package that accomodated exactly what I needed. Any idea if AT&T has something similar?

I have an iPhone with unlimited texting and a fairly decent amount of calling minutes. Anyways, for the next few months, I will be in Canada, and will need to call/text both US numbers and Canadian numbers.

As of now, I've turned off my phone as iti s roaming and I want to avoid  picking up any additional costs. I did some searching, and the only package I could really find was some sort of $10 per month for 200 international text messages. Seems pretty expensive..

I remember when I was with Verizon that they had a package that accomodated exactly what I needed. Any idea if AT&T has something similar?

Texting from within Canada

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2012 11:52:43 AM
(0)
Master

Call customer care and ask about the AT&T® Nation with CanadaSM - rate plans

800-331-0500 or +1.916-843-4685 (direct to Int'l care)  The 916 number is free from your wireless phone even when roaming outside the US.

Call customer care and ask about the AT&T® Nation with CanadaSM - rate plans

800-331-0500 or +1.916-843-4685 (direct to Int'l care)  The 916 number is free from your wireless phone even when roaming outside the US.

Re: Texting from within Canada

2 of 3 (1,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2012 4:03:36 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by stufried on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:04:08 AM
Nation Plus Canada is voice only: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/individual-cell-phone-plans.jsp?_req... Their SMS deals aren't great. You are better off getting some Canadian data and using Google Voice or Text Plus.
Nation Plus Canada is voice only: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/individual-cell-phone-plans.jsp?_requestid=321105 Their SMS deals aren't great. You are better off getting some Canadian data and using Google Voice or Text Plus.

Re: Texting from within Canada

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,497 Views)