Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 22, 2012
7:26:08 AM
View profile
Texting from computer to cell phone

Is there a way for me to text from my computer (possibly using my mobile number so that the person recieving my text knows who it is) to cell phone? I have no service at my new workplace and it's driving me nuts not being able to send or recieve texts during the 8+ hours I'm here each day.

Is there a way for me to text from my computer (possibly using my mobile number so that the person recieving my text knows who it is) to cell phone? I have no service at my new workplace and it's driving me nuts not being able to send or recieve texts during the 8+ hours I'm here each day.

Texting from computer to cell phone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2012 5:21:18 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Mar 22, 2012 at 5:25:05 PM

You can text from your computer to a cell phone but I don't believe it's possible to use your mobile number.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

You can text from your computer to a cell phone but I don't believe it's possible to use your mobile number.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: Texting from computer to cell phone

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (13,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 1:03:38 AM
(0)
Employee
PhoneNumber@txt.att.net is what you'd send it to but it'll come up as your email address.
PhoneNumber@txt.att.net is what you'd send it to but it'll come up as your email address.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (13,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2012 4:36:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for info,  When checking att has text form below.  Receiver will see your phone number, sender enters contact cell
number, just tried no confimation yet.

Isn't there another way to send text message from my email to a cell.   Ve...z   I can send text from my email to
cellphonenumber@vtext.com

Below page was pretty easy, yet sending by my email would have been free on my part.     

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=57834&title=How+to+send+a+text+message+from+myAT%26T+onl...

Thanks for info,  When checking att has text form below.  Receiver will see your phone number, sender enters contact cell
number, just tried no confimation yet.

Isn't there another way to send text message from my email to a cell.   Ve...z   I can send text from my email to
cellphonenumber@vtext.com

Below page was pretty easy, yet sending by my email would have been free on my part.     

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=57834&title=How+to+send+a+text+message+from+myAT%26T+online+account#fbid=mXeHGObTQc5

4 of 5 (11,918 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments