Texting from computer to cell phone

Contributor

Texting from computer to cell phone

Is there a way for me to text from my computer (possibly using my mobile number so that the person recieving my text knows who it is) to cell phone? I have no service at my new workplace and it's driving me nuts not being able to send or recieve texts during the 8+ hours I'm here each day.

Message 1 of 5 (13,198 Views)
Expert

Re: Texting from computer to cell phone

[ Edited ]

You can text from your computer to a cell phone but I don't believe it's possible to use your mobile number.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 5 (13,175 Views)
Employee

PhoneNumber@txt.att.net is what you'd send it to but it'll come up as your email address.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (13,143 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for info,  When checking att has text form below.  Receiver will see your phone number, sender enters contact cell
number, just tried no confimation yet.

Isn't there another way to send text message from my email to a cell.   Ve...z   I can send text from my email to
cellphonenumber@vtext.com

Below page was pretty easy, yet sending by my email would have been free on my part.     

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=57834&title=How+to+send+a+text+message+from+myAT%26T+onl...

Message 4 of 5 (11,961 Views)
Contributor

Message 5 of 5 (11,960 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.