Texting from US to Canada question.

Contributor

Texting from US to Canada question.

Ok, so I was reading through the ToS and everything and noticed that the unlimited text messaging package is only domestic. My first question is, can you text canada also or is that considered international. (Sounds like a stupid question I know but some companies don't really count parts of Canada as foreign.) If there are additional charges, what are they? My second question is, is there a plan that I can purchase that will allow me to text from the US to Canada without paying per message?
Message 1 of 7 (59,864 Views)
Master

Re: Texting from US to Canada question.



Skormm wrote:
Ok, so I was reading through the ToS and everything and noticed that the unlimited text messaging package is only domestic. My first question is, can you text canada also or is that considered international. (Sounds like a stupid question I know but some companies don't really count parts of Canada as foreign.) If there are additional charges, what are they? My second question is, is there a plan that I can purchase that will allow me to text from the US to Canada without paying per message?


When you text canada, that is considered International texting.  It is 25 cents to send a text to an International number.  You can and International texting plan which gets you 100 text messages.
Message 2 of 7 (59,848 Views)
Mentor

Re: Texting from US to Canada question.

I used to do that but i found a way around it, not as quick but it works around the whole 25 charge/message.
I just send a text to the persons email. The reply comes in some weird "phone"number thats not a real number at all but it works and it saves me the money
Message 3 of 7 (59,794 Views)
Tutor

Re: Texting from US to Canada question.

Idk if I should've started a new thread but it's concerning the same thing.
I was wondering with my PayAsYouGo phone and I txt my friends in Canada it's $.15 to/from. Why is it the standard rate and if that's the case if I get one of those Enchanced Features for the GoPhone, would it apply?
I know you guys already said that Canada txting is interantional, but I'm just confused why it charges me the same rate for txting in the US.
Thanks (:


Message 4 of 7 (59,694 Views)
Professor

Re: Texting from US to Canada question.



Neurotik wrote:
Idk if I should've started a new thread but it's concerning the same thing.
I was wondering with my PayAsYouGo phone and I txt my friends in Canada it's $.15 to/from. Why is it the standard rate and if that's the case if I get one of those Enchanced Features for the GoPhone, would it apply?
I know you guys already said that Canada txting is interantional, but I'm just confused why it charges me the same rate for txting in the US.
Thanks (:





If you are texting Canada, and are only charged $.15, consider yourself lucky!
 
Message 5 of 7 (59,683 Views)
Expert

Re: Texting from US to Canada question.



cmwinner wrote:


Neurotik wrote:
     Idk if I should've started a new thread but it's concerning the same thing. I was wondering with my PayAsYouGo phone and I txt my friends in Canada it's $.15 to/from. Why is it the standard rate and if that's the case if I get one of those Enchanced Features for the GoPhone, would it apply? I know you guys already said that Canada txting is interantional, but I'm just confused why it charges me the same rate for txting in the US.
     Thanks (:

     If you are texting Canada, and are only charged $.15, consider yourself lucky!

     Actually sms sent to Canada are $0.25 and all incoming is $0.15 {or covered by sms package if applicable}.
Message 6 of 7 (59,667 Views)
Tutor

Re: Texting from US to Canada question.



wilcre wrote:
 Actually sms sent to Canada are $0.25 and all incoming is $0.15 {or covered by sms package if applicable}.


That's why I'm confused why I'm txting my friend in Quebec(418) and it's only appearing in $.15 to/from, and I'm just curious if I get the enchaced features plan if it'll be unlimited to her as it is when I txt people in the US.
Message 7 of 7 (59,648 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support