Helpful Links

Texting Out of Country

Highlighted
Tutor

Texting Out of Country

I have a few friends overseas (Italy, to be precise), and just last year a good friend of mine passed away. A mutual friend kept his phone to stay in touch with me (its from a company called Cricket or something). Now that I'm with AT&T, I'm wondering if there are any charges for texting out of the country as I did with my old carrier.
Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Texting Out of Country

Bartok91 wrote:
I have a few friends overseas (Italy, to be precise), and just last year a good friend of mine passed away. A mutual friend kept his phone to stay in touch with me (its from a company called Cricket or something). Now that I'm with AT&T, I'm wondering if there are any charges for texting out of the country as I did with my old carrier.
I do not think there are any international messaging charges if you are sending/receiving message to and from Italy. You might want to check with customer service though, just to be sure.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

Bartok91 wrote:
I do not think there are any international messaging charges if you are sending/receiving message to and from Italy. You might want to check with customer service though, just to be sure.

actually there is -

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/messaging-internet/messaging/international.jsp

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/services/serviceDetails.jsp?LOSGId=&skuId=sku4680248&...

Message 3 of 5
Master

Sorry for my misinformation. Thank you for the correction.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 5
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:
Sorry for my misinformation. Thank you for the correction.

only reason I know about it isbecasue both my personal and corporate accounts get dinged heavily each month because of the number of texts myself, family and emplyees send - still cheaper the other carriers plans though

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support