Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 27, 2012
7:27:51 AM
View profile
Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

Cannot send or receive text messages from a number of people on Verizon.  Some have data plans, others do not, but I used to be able to text them fine before I got  my iPhone on AT&T.

I opened a case with tech support at Verizon and they are running some tests, but need to see if AT&T has anything to say about this.  Since my text messages currently get to others on the Verizon network consistently, but not others again consistently, I suspect it may be a Verizon issue.  I also have the same issue recieving text messages from these same people. 

I just got a new phone number with my new iPhone on AT&T, and I did not have this problem with my Android on Verizon using an older number, so many things changed all at once.

Cannot send or receive text messages from a number of people on Verizon.  Some have data plans, others do not, but I used to be able to text them fine before I got  my iPhone on AT&T.

I opened a case with tech support at Verizon and they are running some tests, but need to see if AT&T has anything to say about this.  Since my text messages currently get to others on the Verizon network consistently, but not others again consistently, I suspect it may be a Verizon issue.  I also have the same issue recieving text messages from these same people. 

I just got a new phone number with my new iPhone on AT&T, and I did not have this problem with my Android on Verizon using an older number, so many things changed all at once.

Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 10:30:02 AM
(0)
Master

davidmiruzzi wrote:

Call ATT directly and open a case with them.  They probably will not act upon your posting as we are mostely customers here.  The few ATT employees here act on their own and do not represent ATT but do identify themselves as such.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

davidmiruzzi wrote:

Call ATT directly and open a case with them.  They probably will not act upon your posting as we are mostely customers here.  The few ATT employees here act on their own and do not represent ATT but do identify themselves as such.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

2 of 3 (8,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 10:19:57 AM
(0)
Employee
If you center text some Verizon customers but nit others it won't be an att issue as that would mean you couldn't text any Verizon customer and even then it still could be a Verizon issue or the routing between the two
If you center text some Verizon customers but nit others it won't be an att issue as that would mean you couldn't text any Verizon customer and even then it still could be a Verizon issue or the routing between the two
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

3 of 3 (8,911 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments