Helpful Links

Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

Contributor

Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

Cannot send or receive text messages from a number of people on Verizon.  Some have data plans, others do not, but I used to be able to text them fine before I got  my iPhone on AT&T.

I opened a case with tech support at Verizon and they are running some tests, but need to see if AT&T has anything to say about this.  Since my text messages currently get to others on the Verizon network consistently, but not others again consistently, I suspect it may be a Verizon issue.  I also have the same issue recieving text messages from these same people. 

I just got a new phone number with my new iPhone on AT&T, and I did not have this problem with my Android on Verizon using an older number, so many things changed all at once.

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

davidmiruzzi wrote:

Cannot send or receive text messages from a number of people on Verizon.  Some have data plans, others do not, but I used to be able to text them fine before I got  my iPhone on AT&T.

I opened a case with tech support at Verizon and they are running some tests, but need to see if AT&T has anything to say about this.  Since my text messages currently get to others on the Verizon network consistently, but not others again consistently, I suspect it may be a Verizon issue.  I also have the same issue recieving text messages from these same people. 

I just got a new phone number with my new iPhone on AT&T, and I did not have this problem with my Android on Verizon using an older number, so many things changed all at once.

Call ATT directly and open a case with them.  They probably will not act upon your posting as we are mostely customers here.  The few ATT employees here act on their own and do not represent ATT but do identify themselves as such.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Text messages from iphone 4s not getting through to some verizon recipients.

If you center text some Verizon customers but nit others it won't be an att issue as that would mean you couldn't text any Verizon customer and even then it still could be a Verizon issue or the routing between the two
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support