Text message transcripts

Contributor

Text message transcripts

Is it possible to obtain text message transcripts?

Message 1 of 9 (37,736 Views)
Professor

Re: Text message transcripts

From receiver if tx not yet deleted. via court order- how long are they available is a big mystery.
Message 2 of 9 (37,710 Views)

Why do I need a court order if there is no law prohibiting the release of MY information to ME?

Message 3 of 9 (37,145 Views)
Expert

Unhappy789 wrote:
     Why do I need a court order if there is no law prohibiting the release of MY information to ME?
     Because AT&T holds this info a private and does not share with out the proper requests.
Message 4 of 9 (37,109 Views)
Highlighted

What is a "proper requests".  ME requesting MY information?  I need a better answer than AT&T thinks I need to be protected from ME.
Message 5 of 9 (37,096 Views)
Expert

Unhappy789 wrote:
     What is a "proper requests".  ME requesting MY information?  I need a better answer than AT&T thinks I need to be protected from ME.

How about this then, you give me your first name and last name and last 4 of your SSN anbd i will call in pretending to be you and get this info, not very secure then is it, and there are unfortunatly people out there that would do this given the chance, so better safe than sorry i say.
Message 6 of 9 (37,080 Views)
Master

Unhappy789 wrote:

You can requewst all you like, unless your lawyer provides the proper documentation you will not get any information from AT&T.  No reason to whine about it, just accept it and carry on with your life.
Message 7 of 9 (37,080 Views)

I am not willing to except BAD customer service.  BTW AH I'm not whining I am moving my $400 per month to another cell company.  Carrying on with my life, Thanks for the advise.
Message 8 of 9 (37,049 Views)
Guru

before you take your business elsewhere over this issue, make sure the provider you are switching to doesn't have the same policy
Message 9 of 9 (37,007 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.