Text from AT&T

Scholar

Text from AT&T

Have a 3G iPhone, just received a text -- supposedly from AT&T (the number it was from is "281-3") -- that says:

AT&T Free Msg: Your phone is enabled to dial and roam internationally. Details and rates at att.com/global. See att.com/wirelesstraveltips for iPhone travel tips.

But, I didn't ask international roaming be turned on...so, what gives? Is this just an 'fyi' or is it something I need to look into?

Anyone else receive one of these today?

Thx! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6 (622 Views)

Re: Text from AT&T

I would look into it. I've never recieved one, But I call Customer service or go to ATT store to find out for sure.
Message 2 of 6 (607 Views)
Mentor

I got one today, I think it's just an 'fyi'. I don't plan on worrying about it.

unless this message board goes crazy about it that is.

Message 3 of 6 (595 Views)
Professor

the number doesn't look right so i would look into that, but it may just be an FYI and as long as your phone doesn't state that its roaming, then i wouldn';t worry about it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (592 Views)
Scholar

Some accounts are given roaming and dialing privalges at the start depending on your credit worthiness, and for others a set time frame?? . As such I would say it is an fyi kinda thing.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (585 Views)
Highlighted

Depending on your credit rating the international dialing and roaming services are not allowed untill you have been with att for a while then they are auto added. it sounds like its just FYI

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (573 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.