Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 13, 2010
10:53:59 AM
View profile
Text from AT&T

Have a 3G iPhone, just received a text -- supposedly from AT&T (the number it was from is "281-3") -- that says:

AT&T Free Msg: Your phone is enabled to dial and roam internationally. Details and rates at att.com/global. See att.com/wirelesstraveltips for iPhone travel tips.

But, I didn't ask international roaming be turned on...so, what gives? Is this just an 'fyi' or is it something I need to look into?

Anyone else receive one of these today?

Thx! Smiley Happy

Have a 3G iPhone, just received a text -- supposedly from AT&T (the number it was from is "281-3") -- that says:

AT&T Free Msg: Your phone is enabled to dial and roam internationally. Details and rates at att.com/global. See att.com/wirelesstraveltips for iPhone travel tips.

But, I didn't ask international roaming be turned on...so, what gives? Is this just an 'fyi' or is it something I need to look into?

Anyone else receive one of these today?

Thx! Smiley Happy

Text from AT&T

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2010 11:37:37 AM
(0)
Guru
I would look into it. I've never recieved one, But I call Customer service or go to ATT store to find out for sure.
I would look into it. I've never recieved one, But I call Customer service or go to ATT store to find out for sure.

Re: Text from AT&T

2 of 6 (598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2010 12:17:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

I got one today, I think it's just an 'fyi'. I don't plan on worrying about it.

unless this message board goes crazy about it that is.

I got one today, I think it's just an 'fyi'. I don't plan on worrying about it.

unless this message board goes crazy about it that is.

3 of 6 (586 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2010 12:22:24 PM
(0)
Professor
the number doesn't look right so i would look into that, but it may just be an FYI and as long as your phone doesn't state that its roaming, then i wouldn';t worry about it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
the number doesn't look right so i would look into that, but it may just be an FYI and as long as your phone doesn't state that its roaming, then i wouldn';t worry about it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2010 1:28:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
Some accounts are given roaming and dialing privalges at the start depending on your credit worthiness, and for others a set time frame?? . As such I would say it is an fyi kinda thing.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Some accounts are given roaming and dialing privalges at the start depending on your credit worthiness, and for others a set time frame?? . As such I would say it is an fyi kinda thing.

5 of 6 (576 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2010 2:22:12 PM
(0)
Guru

Depending on your credit rating the international dialing and roaming services are not allowed untill you have been with att for a while then they are auto added. it sounds like its just FYI

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Depending on your credit rating the international dialing and roaming services are not allowed untill you have been with att for a while then they are auto added. it sounds like its just FYI

6 of 6 (564 Views)