Text from AT&T

Scholar

Text from AT&T

Have a 3G iPhone, just received a text -- supposedly from AT&T (the number it was from is "281-3") -- that says:

AT&T Free Msg: Your phone is enabled to dial and roam internationally. Details and rates at att.com/global. See att.com/wirelesstraveltips for iPhone travel tips.

But, I didn't ask international roaming be turned on...so, what gives? Is this just an 'fyi' or is it something I need to look into?

Anyone else receive one of these today?

Thx! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6

Re: Text from AT&T

I would look into it. I've never recieved one, But I call Customer service or go to ATT store to find out for sure.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Mentor

I got one today, I think it's just an 'fyi'. I don't plan on worrying about it.

unless this message board goes crazy about it that is.

Message 3 of 6
Professor

the number doesn't look right so i would look into that, but it may just be an FYI and as long as your phone doesn't state that its roaming, then i wouldn';t worry about it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Scholar

Some accounts are given roaming and dialing privalges at the start depending on your credit worthiness, and for others a set time frame?? . As such I would say it is an fyi kinda thing.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6

Depending on your credit rating the international dialing and roaming services are not allowed untill you have been with att for a while then they are auto added. it sounds like its just FYI

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support