Wireless Forums

Posted May 1, 2008
9:16:31 AM
Text Messaging won't work!
Hi, i'm not sure if it's my service or my phone that has the problem, but my text messaging just won't work.  When i send a text message,  it says "Message Sent" and other people said they've been texting me for days now.  But i haven't received a single text message in a few days and also people aren't receiving the ones i've sent out. 
    I've already been to the AT&T store here in town and they were no help at all.  They said I should come here or call customer service.  So I came here first.  Can anyone help me?

P.S.  My phone is a Samsung Model SGH-C417.
Hi, i'm not sure if it's my service or my phone that has the problem, but my text messaging just won't work.  When i send a text message,  it says "Message Sent" and other people said they've been texting me for days now.  But i haven't received a single text message in a few days and also people aren't receiving the ones i've sent out. 
    I've already been to the AT&T store here in town and they were no help at all.  They said I should come here or call customer service.  So I came here first.  Can anyone help me?

P.S.  My phone is a Samsung Model SGH-C417.

Text Messaging won't work!

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2008 10:19:37 AM
(0)
Professor
Go here and check to see if the message center number if programmed into your phone.

If it is, call customer service so they can check the settings on your account and make sure there are no errors there

Go here and check to see if the message center number if programmed into your phone.

If it is, call customer service so they can check the settings on your account and make sure there are no errors there

Re: Text Messaging won't work!

2 of 6 (5,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2008 10:37:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
Mine is doing the exact same thing.  Anyone tell you anything helpful?  Mine started yesterday.  I keep getting message failed and I see them in Outbox but not as sent.
Mine is doing the exact same thing.  Anyone tell you anything helpful?  Mine started yesterday.  I keep getting message failed and I see them in Outbox but not as sent.

3 of 6 (5,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2008 2:18:58 PM
(0)
Professor
whats your phone?  you can follow the same link i gave, only select your phone to check the message center number

whats your phone?  you can follow the same link i gave, only select your phone to check the message center number

4 of 6 (5,287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2008 1:15:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hey everyone.  No more worries.  I called customer support and got a very nice woman that fixed it in a jiffy.  She said it was likely messed up because they are upgrading a lot of behind the scenes stuff so some accounts are getting a bit wonky.  But she fixed it from her end in like 5 minutes. 

So for others having the same problem, i'd suggest just calling support. 
Hey everyone.  No more worries.  I called customer support and got a very nice woman that fixed it in a jiffy.  She said it was likely messed up because they are upgrading a lot of behind the scenes stuff so some accounts are getting a bit wonky.  But she fixed it from her end in like 5 minutes. 

So for others having the same problem, i'd suggest just calling support. 

5 of 6 (5,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2008 8:34:44 AM
(0)
Professor
Great!

Great!

6 of 6 (5,164 Views)