Text Messages not received

Contributor

Text Messages not received

I am able to send out text messages, but I have been told by my contacts that they have sent me messages but when I check my phone there is no new text messages. How can this problem be solved?

Message 1 of 46
Mentor

Re: Text Messages not received

What type of device do you have? Have you checked the message center number?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 46
Employee

message center number is for sending only. if you can't receive its most likely the SIM card.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 46
Contributor

This is happening to me too. My friend has the same carrier as I do and we were both having the same problem which started yesterday. I'm in Mississippi. Do you know if there is a problem with the tower or something? It's important that I get my phone fixed. =)

Message 4 of 46
Contributor

Same problem in NY for weeks now, my friends have been reporting the same.  I can send msgs, but most aren't coming through to my phone.  What's going on?  Our signals have been disappearing as well.   Located in Buffalo, NY but problem seems persistent between here and my hometown in Kingston, NY and have heard similar complaints from friends in Long Island and NYC areas as well..  it's been going on for a month with increased problems.

Message 5 of 46

Just made a topic about this, I see I'm not the only one.

So what's the deal, AT&T?

Message 6 of 46
Contributor

Having the same problem in Wa. had suspected that i was having an issue for some time now.

looking at the billing info it lists the message as received. i'm not seeing any pattern in what i'm doing when i don't recive a message.

i have an HTC G1 "dream"

Message 7 of 46
Contributor

I am having the same problem in Wisconsin. I've been into the AT&T store 3 times, they've reset my phone, switched out my SIM card, opened an workorder with tech support, escalted the issue with a higher level of tech support, and still no resolution. I have an iPhone 3GS. They have told me possibly if I removed my messaging feature and re-added it that would solve the problem but they can't do that because I have the discontinued Text 200 and if they removed it I couldn't get it back.

Message 8 of 46
Employee

could be a routing issue that tech can fix.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 46

Tech support couldn't fix mine.   I have an iPhone 4, it only affects 2 phones on my account (both iPhone4s but different models).  They went through and double checked everything, but they could send me texts and MMS msgs, but other people can't.  They can receive my texts/MMS but I can't receive theirs.  I went through to make sure it wasn't something I had setup by mistake, but with two separate phones and I never mess with the other one, I don't know.  Neither did they.

Message 10 of 46
Contributor

I am having the same issue since last night. I have been on the phone with AT&T all day. They say this is wide spread with some phones. I tried resetting the network settings, turning off the phone and restarting, even went over to an AT&T store to get a new SIM card. Nothing works. I came home and restored my iPhone to the new iOS 5.0 and that didnt fix it either. This is still a huge problem.

Message 11 of 46
Contributor

Same problem here.  I received my last text message yesterday (Wednesday) at 7am then all of a sudden, nothing.  My contacts can receive messages from me, but I cannot receive any from them.  I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and went into the store where they gave me a new sim card.  They put the new sim card in a new phone and it still wouldn't receive a text message indicating there's a problem with the service and not my phone.  They even removed and readded the text messaging feature to my line and still it doesn't work.  If anyone figures out a solution to this problem, please post it and who assisted you because I am dying without my text messaging!! Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 46
Scholar

I have had the same problem all day.  They said it was a known issue and gave me a trouble ticket number.  Said "it should be resolved in 24-48 hours"  I'm not sure if this ticket number they gave me is for me, or the widespread issue.  I'm in Independence, MO

Message 13 of 46
Contributor

I am in Chicago, IL. New Sim Card, New Phone, Restored twice, placed my sim card in a friend's phone...nothing works.

Message 14 of 46
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue on both phones on my account. Haven't received a single txt since about 6am yesterday (Thursday). Called support at 8pm and spent and hour troubleshooting, then got a ticket number. Other user on my account also called and got a different answer. Was told it is a worldwide problem and their techs are working to resolve the issue ASAP. If it's worldwide why can't they send a message to their users or at least have the level 1 tech support aware of the issue instead of wasting an hour on the phone? Post a prerecorded message stating if you're calling about txting problems we know about it and are working to fix it, please hang up now. Thanks.

Anyway. I'm still waiting for txting to work now. Not resolved yet.
Message 15 of 46
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support