Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 29, 2011
8:42:13 PM
Text Messages being Viewed from The Bottom Of The MEssage

Hi, I just got an iPhone 4s and when I get a new text message and select to view it, the message goes directly to the bottom of the message. So I have to then scroll it page all the way to the top to begin reading it from the top. Is there a way to have the message go straight to the beginning of the message and not the end. Thanks!!

Hi, I just got an iPhone 4s and when I get a new text message and select to view it, the message goes directly to the bottom of the message. So I have to then scroll it page all the way to the top to begin reading it from the top. Is there a way to have the message go straight to the beginning of the message and not the end. Thanks!!

Text Messages being Viewed from The Bottom Of The MEssage

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 4:06:57 AM
(0)
Scholar

What you describe as actually happening sounds more like the preferred way for it to work than your preferred way.

Why wouldn't a user want to see the most recent message instead of the oldest message in a thread?  User preference I"m certain.... just not logical to me.

That being said, did you upgrade from a previous iPhone?  If so, did it work at you desire on the previous model?

My 3GS and 4 both start with the most recent message and I see no setting to change that functionality.

What you describe as actually happening sounds more like the preferred way for it to work than your preferred way.

Why wouldn't a user want to see the most recent message instead of the oldest message in a thread?  User preference I"m certain.... just not logical to me.

That being said, did you upgrade from a previous iPhone?  If so, did it work at you desire on the previous model?

My 3GS and 4 both start with the most recent message and I see no setting to change that functionality.

Re: Text Messages being Viewed from The Bottom Of The MEssage

2 of 5 (210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 4:47:10 AM
(0)
Guru
How long are your text messages that you can't read the whole thing on the screen?
How long are your text messages that you can't read the whole thing on the screen?

3 of 5 (203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 5:31:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Nope, it's working as designed. You can drag down to get rid of the keyboard if you're just reading.

Nope, it's working as designed. You can drag down to get rid of the keyboard if you're just reading.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (191 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 7:19:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

I do like the fact that when communicating with someone and you go to that message that it takes you to the last conversation. What I dislike is that when I get a new message and it's longer, (like a forwarded email or such) that it goes to the bottom and then I have to scroll up. I can live with it, just wasn't sure if there was maybe a setting that I was missing. Thanks for all the replies!

I do like the fact that when communicating with someone and you go to that message that it takes you to the last conversation. What I dislike is that when I get a new message and it's longer, (like a forwarded email or such) that it goes to the bottom and then I have to scroll up. I can live with it, just wasn't sure if there was maybe a setting that I was missing. Thanks for all the replies!

5 of 5 (158 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments