Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 26, 2011
10:09:52 PM
Terrible Service Terrible
Edited by jamileh on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:26:17 AM

Terrible service! I called on At&t to send the background update to my Samsung Captivate 2.2 the update was specifically for Downloading Non Market Applications due to at&TS stupid security block. The lady told me to wait 90 minutes and then shut down my phone and I would be to able to download so I waited and nothing occurred I still get the security block. So I call again at 9:36pm I live in California .. and since att customer care shuts down at 10 the lady puts me on hold for ten minutes on purpose and says sorry but your going to have to call HTC? Wait what? I don't even own a HTC. Att your customer support is terrible and <keep it courteous> .Im going to try it again tomorrow. For God sakes att metro is better than you

Terrible service! I called on At&t to send the background update to my Samsung Captivate 2.2 the update was specifically for Downloading Non Market Applications due to at&TS stupid security block. The lady told me to wait 90 minutes and then shut down my phone and I would be to able to download so I waited and nothing occurred I still get the security block. So I call again at 9:36pm I live in California .. and since att customer care shuts down at 10 the lady puts me on hold for ten minutes on purpose and says sorry but your going to have to call HTC? Wait what? I don't even own a HTC. Att your customer support is terrible and <keep it courteous> .Im going to try it again tomorrow. For God sakes att metro is better than you

Terrible Service Terrible

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 10:29:06 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jamileh on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:24:14 AM

Any at&t employee please push the new update so I can download non market apps cause apparently every att assistant has <keep it courteous> and can't cause a simple task as pressing a couple buttons on the desktop please help or I am going to go insane and switch to Verizon!

Any at&t employee please push the new update so I can download non market apps cause apparently every att assistant has <keep it courteous> and can't cause a simple task as pressing a couple buttons on the desktop please help or I am going to go insane and switch to Verizon!

Somebody HELP!

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 7:24:59 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

What phone are you having trouble with?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

What phone are you having trouble with?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Somebody HELP!

3 of 6 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 3:06:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
Samsung Captivate
Samsung Captivate

Re: Terrible Service Terrible

4 of 6 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 8:43:17 PM
(0)
Professor

The problem is that the normal CSRs don't have the ability to push the update. It requires an advanced support person. You'll have to be very specific and patient with the CSRs. It took me three calls before I was finally able to get across what I wanted and get transferred to someone who could help me. He then had to contact someone else to do the actual push to my phone.

And just an FYI, you won't see anything happen on the phone and none of the menus will change. The unknown sources option won't show up but you will be able to install non market apps.

The problem is that the normal CSRs don't have the ability to push the update. It requires an advanced support person. You'll have to be very specific and patient with the CSRs. It took me three calls before I was finally able to get across what I wanted and get transferred to someone who could help me. He then had to contact someone else to do the actual push to my phone.

And just an FYI, you won't see anything happen on the phone and none of the menus will change. The unknown sources option won't show up but you will be able to install non market apps.

5 of 6 (225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 1:07:33 PM
(0)
Teacher
I was very specific I got sent to advanced technical operator she said she will push the update to delete the security that it would take 90 minutes I know that no changes or nothing will pop up I just hate the fact that she lied about pushing the update she knew exactly what I was talking about...
I was very specific I got sent to advanced technical operator she said she will push the update to delete the security that it would take 90 minutes I know that no changes or nothing will pop up I just hate the fact that she lied about pushing the update she knew exactly what I was talking about...

6 of 6 (189 Views)