Tablet vs. Smartphone reception

Contributor

Tablet vs. Smartphone reception

I recently changed job locations, and while I used to enjoy steady signal for browsing on my Samsung Galaxy S2, my new location switches from G, to Edge, to very rarely H+ all day long. I'm currently considering picking up a tablet such as Pantech Element, or Samsung Galaxy Tab with a data package since there is no wifi at my current job site.

My question is, will a tablet get the same signal in the same place as my smartphone, or are their antenna's stronger and I have a decent chance of holding h+ or better signal for extended periods of time?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Tablet vs. Smartphone reception

Like anything else, that depends on the manufacturer, as well as the specific tab in question. Personally, I'd never buy a tablet through any carrier, as tethering is just so much more convenient.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Tablet vs. Smartphone reception

Every device is different.  It depends on the hardware antenna design, the radio software, and can't be said as a blanket generalization whether a tablet is better or not in reception.  Do some Google research on the various devices (you are interested in) about tablet reception.  Then even so, reception can be such a location specific issue, it may come down to trial and error whether you get better reception on various tablets at your work location.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support