TILT 2 owned since released, stuck in Boot Screen

TILT 2 owned since released, stuck in Boot Screen

I have a Stock TILT 2 never flashed running basic programs Mobile Shell never had any issues with it, haven't installed new software in a few weeks , but I soft resetted it this morning and it keeps getting stuck in the boot screen. when first turned on it will run through boot screen then load screen for a millisecond then back to boot screen and never advances again , I've tried battery out sim card out Sd card out everything, even tried hard reset , but wont allow me to hard reset with front buttons and power, is there another way to hard reset , is it possible my phone just bricked for no reason ? thanks for any help ?

Message 1 of 6 (1,515 Views)
Professor

Re: TILT 2 owned since released, stuck in Boot Screen

[ Edited ]

Have you let the phone charge to 100%?  I thought I saw a post on XDA where the person was having a similar issue, and it just turned out to be a charging issue.  Make sure you use the wall charger and not USB thru a computer.  Can you try a different battery or different charger?

But it may also be a ROM issue, or something requiring warranty service (which are are still within the 1-year warranty period, since the phone was released in October).

Message 2 of 6 (1,497 Views)
Professor

bwnotredame06 wrote:

I have a Stock TILT 2 never flashed running basic programs Mobile Shell never had any issues with it, haven't installed new software in a few weeks , but I soft resetted it this morning and it keeps getting stuck in the boot screen. when first turned on it will run through boot screen then load screen for a millisecond then back to boot screen and never advances again , I've tried battery out sim card out Sd card out everything, even tried hard reset , but wont allow me to hard reset with front buttons and power, is there another way to hard reset , is it possible my phone just bricked for no reason ? thanks for any help ?

Remove the batter.  Let sit for two minutes.  Put the battery back in and without powering on allow the unit to charge for several hours.  Then try and power it up.  If you can power it up, soft reset again, continue charging to 100% and then run it all the way to 5%.  Then turn it off and charge it again.  Sounds like you are stuck in a low power state.  The batteries are notoriously short lived, but you are probably recoverable.  How old is your Tilt?  If it is still within warranty, you may want to visit your local att store as well or even easier, call warranty service.

Message 3 of 6 (1,473 Views)
Professor

All Tilt2's are still under warranty, since the phone was only released last October, and the warranty is good for 1 year.

Message 4 of 6 (1,470 Views)
Teacher

I had the same issue. I would plug in the usb and it would boot I ended up having it replaced. It is a usb plug issue on the phone.

Message 5 of 6 (1,443 Views)
Highlighted

Look at your battery contacts and make sure none of them are bent.  I went through this exercise with my HD2 recently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 6 of 6 (1,401 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.