Helpful Links

T-Mobile

Contributor

T-Mobile

Does anyone know if it is possible to roam off of, or if it will be possible to roam off of T-Mobile towers?  I know we could previously roam off Unicel but now Verison has bought them and my coverage has gone down in rural areas. I am very close to a T-moblie tower and if AT&T would purchase them life would be great.
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: T-Mobile

vagabond26 wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to roam off of, or if it will be possible to roam off of T-Mobile towers?  I know we could previously roam off Unicel but now Verison has bought them and my coverage has gone down in rural areas. I am very close to a T-moblie tower and if AT&T would purchase them life would be great.

Don't know about your area, but in CA the T-Mobile roaming ability is in the process of being gradually reduced — I don't know if there are any areas left that still allow T-Mobile roaming, so my guess would be that the trend is going in the opposite direction.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

I am in Alabama. We just recently got the tower in this area, but now that AT&T no longer has Unicel I was hoping they would expand somewhere else. We have good coverage in the cities but rural areas are still iffy.
Message 3 of 8
Professor

Places like SLO County in SoCal (SLO Cal ) have T-Mobile roaming.

Sadly, they should be using Cell One of SLO for roaming, as even T-Mobile roams on Cell One of SLO (they're the 850MHz GSM carrier for the county).

Message 4 of 8
Scholar

They do in a few places in NorCal as well.
Message 5 of 8
Master

There are not many places left where T-mobile roaming is allowed.  AT&T also cancelled all of the overseas roaming on T-Mobile that was previously allowed.  They are really locking things down to prevent as little use of the T-Mobile network as possible.
Message 6 of 8
Tutor

That figures, I finally get a T-Mobile tower basically in my back yard and now I can't use it. I used to roam on Unicel but I heard Verison bought them. It sounds like I am about to experience service outage.

Message 7 of 8
Professor

That may depend on which state you are in.  In some places where Verizon purchased Unicel + Alltel, they have to divest some markets.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support