T-Mobile

Contributor

T-Mobile

Does anyone know if it is possible to roam off of, or if it will be possible to roam off of T-Mobile towers?  I know we could previously roam off Unicel but now Verison has bought them and my coverage has gone down in rural areas. I am very close to a T-moblie tower and if AT&T would purchase them life would be great.
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: T-Mobile

vagabond26 wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to roam off of, or if it will be possible to roam off of T-Mobile towers?  I know we could previously roam off Unicel but now Verison has bought them and my coverage has gone down in rural areas. I am very close to a T-moblie tower and if AT&T would purchase them life would be great.

Don't know about your area, but in CA the T-Mobile roaming ability is in the process of being gradually reduced — I don't know if there are any areas left that still allow T-Mobile roaming, so my guess would be that the trend is going in the opposite direction.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

I am in Alabama. We just recently got the tower in this area, but now that AT&T no longer has Unicel I was hoping they would expand somewhere else. We have good coverage in the cities but rural areas are still iffy.
Message 3 of 8
Professor

Places like SLO County in SoCal (SLO Cal ) have T-Mobile roaming.

Sadly, they should be using Cell One of SLO for roaming, as even T-Mobile roams on Cell One of SLO (they're the 850MHz GSM carrier for the county).

Message 4 of 8
Scholar

They do in a few places in NorCal as well.
Message 5 of 8
Master

There are not many places left where T-mobile roaming is allowed.  AT&T also cancelled all of the overseas roaming on T-Mobile that was previously allowed.  They are really locking things down to prevent as little use of the T-Mobile network as possible.
Message 6 of 8
Tutor

That figures, I finally get a T-Mobile tower basically in my back yard and now I can't use it. I used to roam on Unicel but I heard Verison bought them. It sounds like I am about to experience service outage.

Message 7 of 8
Professor

That may depend on which state you are in.  In some places where Verizon purchased Unicel + Alltel, they have to divest some markets.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support