Syncing contacts and calendars through outlook.

Guru

Syncing contacts and calendars through outlook.

Has there been any announcement that Apple is addressing the issue of not being able to sync your contacts and calendars through outlook with the iOS4? I've been syncing my contacts and calendar with my 3g and 3gs, but when I got the iPhone 4 with the iOS4, it quit working. I've tried everything and I've even called Apple, but nobody knows how to fix this issue. In the grand scheme of things, I can live with this for a while, but I'd eventually like to use it again, so I just thought I'd ask some of you to see if you knew anything. I'm using outlook 2007 if that helps.

One last thing, I know about the patch Apple came out with about a month ago, it didn't work for me.

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Syncing contacts and calendars through outlook.

1. close outlook and itunes, disconnect your phone
2. open control panel
3. open "mail"
4. click on "show profiles" button
5. select the profile you want Iphone to sync with (highlight it)
note- since you have multiple profiles "prompt for profile to be used" checkbox is most likely selected.
6. select "always use this profile" checkbox
7. in the dropdown menu select the profile your want Iphone to sync with
8. click ok

9. open itunes (do NOT connect Iphone)
10. go to "edit > preferences > sync tab (last tab on top)"
11. then clear the sync history
12. click ok
13. NOW connect the Iphone and sync (you might get some messages that you need to verify the correct data for calendar and contacts)

14. after a successful sinc, go back to control panel and in Mail options change the settings back to the way they were. (basically revert the settings in steps 1-8 above)

Another set of instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3398

Message 2 of 4
Guru

josephz2va wrote:

1. close outlook and itunes, disconnect your phone
2. open control panel
3. open "mail"
4. click on "show profiles" button
5. select the profile you want Iphone to sync with (highlight it)
note- since you have multiple profiles "prompt for profile to be used" checkbox is most likely selected.
6. select "always use this profile" checkbox
7. in the dropdown menu select the profile your want Iphone to sync with
8. click ok

9. open itunes (do NOT connect Iphone)
10. go to "edit > preferences > sync tab (last tab on top)"
11. then clear the sync history
12. click ok
13. NOW connect the Iphone and sync (you might get some messages that you need to verify the correct data for calendar and contacts)

14. after a successful sinc, go back to control panel and in Mail options change the settings back to the way they were. (basically revert the settings in steps 1-8 above)

Another set of instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3398

So this will work with contacts & calendars??? I'm just asking because you're saying to go to mail to set this up.

Message 3 of 4
Guru

Maybe you didn't see this, but I've already downloaded that patch but it did nothing to help.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support