Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 26, 2012
2:43:50 PM
View profile
Sync ringtones?

iPhone 4S

Someplace along the line my ringtones have disappeared from my iPhone 4S.  Not to worry though, they are still backed up in iTunes.  When I highlight my phone in iTunes' left column and choose "Tones" the "sync tones" box is unchecked.  When I click on that box to check it I get the following warning message: "Are you sure you want to sync tones?  All existing songs, movies, and TV shows on the iPhone "Bob Newman's iPhone" will be removed."  I stop when I see that.  How do I sync my ringtones back without losing the other stuff?

Thanks in advance... Bob

iPhone 4S

Someplace along the line my ringtones have disappeared from my iPhone 4S.  Not to worry though, they are still backed up in iTunes.  When I highlight my phone in iTunes' left column and choose "Tones" the "sync tones" box is unchecked.  When I click on that box to check it I get the following warning message: "Are you sure you want to sync tones?  All existing songs, movies, and TV shows on the iPhone "Bob Newman's iPhone" will be removed."  I stop when I see that.  How do I sync my ringtones back without losing the other stuff?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Sync ringtones?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 7:54:53 PM
(0)
Professor

just check the box to SYNC the ring tones. every time i lose my ring tones i just sync them again.

Agunat wrote:

iPhone 4S

Thanks in advance... Bob

just check the box to SYNC the ring tones. every time i lose my ring tones i just sync them again.

Agunat wrote:

iPhone 4S

Thanks in advance... Bob

hello!!!

Re: Sync ringtones?

2 of 5 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 9:10:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

What about the error message I referenced in my posting?  That was the reason I'm trying to get help.

Bob

graphite07 wrote:

Agunat wrote:

iPhone 4S

Thanks in advance... Bob

What about the error message I referenced in my posting?  That was the reason I'm trying to get help.

Bob

graphite07 wrote:

Agunat wrote:

iPhone 4S

Thanks in advance... Bob

3 of 5 (432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 6:31:47 PM
(0)
Master

It souds like your iPhone become unlinked to your computer?  If you have all your music, movies, etc. backed up, you should be OK if you check the box and say OK.  It wll reinstall your music, movies and ringtones based on what you check.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

It souds like your iPhone become unlinked to your computer?  If you have all your music, movies, etc. backed up, you should be OK if you check the box and say OK.  It wll reinstall your music, movies and ringtones based on what you check.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 5 (419 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:37:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have a similar issue. Apple just replaced my defective iPhone 3gs with iOS 4.3.3 with a 3gs with iOS 5.1. backing up and syncing to the new phone has been a nightmare. I lost about half of my contacts, which I am re-entering manually. I have about 20 ringtones I made which were working just fine on the old phone. They appear in iTunes and are checked to sync to the phone, but they never appear in the ringtones on the new phone. What am I missing?

I have a similar issue. Apple just replaced my defective iPhone 3gs with iOS 4.3.3 with a 3gs with iOS 5.1. backing up and syncing to the new phone has been a nightmare. I lost about half of my contacts, which I am re-entering manually. I have about 20 ringtones I made which were working just fine on the old phone. They appear in iTunes and are checked to sync to the phone, but they never appear in the ringtones on the new phone. What am I missing?

5 of 5 (360 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments