Helpful Links

Sync Apps with passwords to iPhone 4s?

Sync Apps with passwords to iPhone 4s?

I plan to get an iPhone 4s as soon as they are again available locally at the AT&T store, and will sync the apps I currently have on my 3G using iTunes on my Mac desktop.  Will apps such as UV Mobile and VM Viewer sync completely, i.e. with passwords/phone #s already set up (as they are now on my 3G) or will I need to reinstall these apps from scratch?  Alternately, would they transfer and just require reentering password/phone# via Settings?  Just a thought as I try to prepare for a smooth transition.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Sync Apps with passwords to iPhone 4s?

Before your new iPhone arrives just Sync your current iPhone with iTunes so all of your current Apps will transfer to the new iPhone after you sync it. As far as passwords go, you might have to re-enter them into the App again after you sync. I know I had to on my new 4S.

Message 2 of 5

Thanks--that tells me it won't be too big a hassle.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 3 of 5
Master

Itunes makes it very easy to transfer your data to a new phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5
Guru

docbombay wrote:

I plan to get an iPhone 4s as soon as they are again available locally at the AT&T store, and will sync the apps I currently have on my 3G using iTunes on my Mac desktop.  Will apps such as UV Mobile and VM Viewer sync completely, i.e. with passwords/phone #s already set up (as they are now on my 3G) or will I need to reinstall these apps from scratch?  Alternately, would they transfer and just require reentering password/phone# via Settings?  Just a thought as I try to prepare for a smooth transition.

docbombay

Note--if you restore from backup, then yes your app-specific passwords and other contact info should sync to your 4s correctly...but if for whatever reason you choose to instead set up your 4s as a new phone and subsequently choose not to restore your iPhone 3G backup data to it, then you most likely will need to re-enter all that app-specific info.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support