Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 3, 2010
8:55:03 PM
View profile
Swype...?

I just downloaded the app "ShapeWriter" and I fell in love with it. I was wondering if you think a feature like the swype texting will come to the iphone.

I just downloaded the app "ShapeWriter" and I fell in love with it. I was wondering if you think a feature like the swype texting will come to the iphone.

Swype...?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2010 9:17:09 PM
(0)
Master

Realistically, no I don't think it will.

There will be the licensing issues as it would have to be something Apple puts it as Apple will never allow a developer to modify the system to incorporate that change.  So Apple would have to pay a licensing fee for every device sold and honestly I don't think there is enough demand for something like this.  I don't see it being something most people would use.

I tried and and honestly was not impressed.

Realistically, no I don't think it will.

There will be the licensing issues as it would have to be something Apple puts it as Apple will never allow a developer to modify the system to incorporate that change.  So Apple would have to pay a licensing fee for every device sold and honestly I don't think there is enough demand for something like this.  I don't see it being something most people would use.

I tried and and honestly was not impressed.

Re: Swype...?

2 of 3 (2,735 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 8:10:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Jul 28, 2010 at 8:32:54 AM

Roboducky wrote:

I hope that you are still here.  Didi you download ShapeWriter to the iPhone?  If not, can someone else tell me if something similar is available for the iPhone?  I looked for it and could not find it.

**Update:  I see that ShapeWriter downloads are suspended for now.  I'm still on the hunt for something similar.

Roboducky wrote:

I hope that you are still here.  Didi you download ShapeWriter to the iPhone?  If not, can someone else tell me if something similar is available for the iPhone?  I looked for it and could not find it.

**Update:  I see that ShapeWriter downloads are suspended for now.  I'm still on the hunt for something similar.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Swype...?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (2,043 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments