Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 2, 2010
9:08:33 AM
View profile
Switching phones

What procedures and cost to switch from a Sony Ericisson phone to a used iphone?

What procedures and cost to switch from a Sony Ericisson phone to a used iphone?

Switching phones

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2010 7:49:47 PM
(0)
Expert

dfoshee wrote:

You would be required to get the data package for the iPhone; and if you buy the iPhone from ATTM then it may require a contract but if you buy it somewhere else you should be fine.

dfoshee wrote:

You would be required to get the data package for the iPhone; and if you buy the iPhone from ATTM then it may require a contract but if you buy it somewhere else you should be fine.

Re: Switching phones

2 of 11 (473 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 8:54:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Go to COSTCO.  You DO NOT HAVE TO GET AN INTERNET PACKAGE.  IT"S A SCAM AT&T ARE TRYING TO PULL OVER PEOPLE. 

Go to COSTCO.  You DO NOT HAVE TO GET AN INTERNET PACKAGE.  IT"S A SCAM AT&T ARE TRYING TO PULL OVER PEOPLE. 

3 of 11 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 9:05:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

glebitty wrote:

You are dead WRONG. If you use a smartphone on AT&T's network, it REQUIRES a data plan. That is REQUIRED by the Terms of Service.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

glebitty wrote:

You are dead WRONG. If you use a smartphone on AT&T's network, it REQUIRES a data plan. That is REQUIRED by the Terms of Service.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 11:19:12 PM
(0)
Expert

kdfederer wrote:

glebitty wrote:

OH come on now.... That would require people to take ownership of what they are doing and read the terms and conditions of service before they purchase anything, that takes too long to do and their time is more precious than anyone elses; and why take ownership of something if you can claim ignorance and say I did nto know what I was doing or I never was told that or I never got that information, and if you try to correct that person then they respond with "Are you calling me a liar".... it is a no win situation.

The views and opinion expressed herein are not necessarily those of anyperson, even containing that there of, of the message poster.

The reason why people complain it due to the lack of research and the expectations that they have for a product which they know very little about if anything, then when they get the item and it cant do what they assumed it could why blame yourself when in this day and age you can blame someone else and get away with it, there is no personal responsibility anymore due to people thinking that they are "Entitled" to get what they want when they want and how they want, which is never the case and the old saying of "The Customer Is Always Right/Correct" is just simply put WRONG. And also the only people that will usually voice anything are the ones that will complain due to what I stated above.

Customer service is defined as being question/request asked and questioned/request answered properly; this does not mean just because you did not get what you have requested that the customer service that you had received is not correct and or proper, it just indicates that the expectations that you had pre/set when calling in were set either to high and or unrealistic to the point it could not be handled.

You also have to remember that AT&T is the wireless carrier and not the wireless phone maker; and are limited as to what they can and or can not do with the phone as per the actual maker of the wireless hand held device in question.

Primary/Secondary Entry: Customer Service
Pronunciation: kes-te-mer Ser-vice
Function: noun
Etymology: (Customer) Middle English custumer, from custume
Etymology: (Service) Middle English, from Anglo-French servise
service. (2008). In the wilcre Dictionary.

kdfederer wrote:

glebitty wrote:

OH come on now.... That would require people to take ownership of what they are doing and read the terms and conditions of service before they purchase anything, that takes too long to do and their time is more precious than anyone elses; and why take ownership of something if you can claim ignorance and say I did nto know what I was doing or I never was told that or I never got that information, and if you try to correct that person then they respond with "Are you calling me a liar".... it is a no win situation.

The views and opinion expressed herein are not necessarily those of anyperson, even containing that there of, of the message poster.

The reason why people complain it due to the lack of research and the expectations that they have for a product which they know very little about if anything, then when they get the item and it cant do what they assumed it could why blame yourself when in this day and age you can blame someone else and get away with it, there is no personal responsibility anymore due to people thinking that they are "Entitled" to get what they want when they want and how they want, which is never the case and the old saying of "The Customer Is Always Right/Correct" is just simply put WRONG. And also the only people that will usually voice anything are the ones that will complain due to what I stated above.

Customer service is defined as being question/request asked and questioned/request answered properly; this does not mean just because you did not get what you have requested that the customer service that you had received is not correct and or proper, it just indicates that the expectations that you had pre/set when calling in were set either to high and or unrealistic to the point it could not be handled.

You also have to remember that AT&T is the wireless carrier and not the wireless phone maker; and are limited as to what they can and or can not do with the phone as per the actual maker of the wireless hand held device in question.

Primary/Secondary Entry: Customer Service
Pronunciation: kes-te-mer Ser-vice
Function: noun
Etymology: (Customer) Middle English custumer, from custume
Etymology: (Service) Middle English, from Anglo-French servise
service. (2008). In the wilcre Dictionary.

5 of 11 (441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2010 10:06:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

glebitty wrote:

In order to effectively use a smartphone on AT&T's Wireless Network, you MUST subscribe to a data plan in order to have the phone. There are no exceptions. Those are the rules, and that is the the Terms of Service/Conditions.

The two data plans to choose from are the:

• DataPlus: 200 MB - $15.00
  • DataPro: 2GB - $25.00

If you think you will be a heavy data user, I would go with the DataPro plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

glebitty wrote:

In order to effectively use a smartphone on AT&T's Wireless Network, you MUST subscribe to a data plan in order to have the phone. There are no exceptions. Those are the rules, and that is the the Terms of Service/Conditions.

The two data plans to choose from are the:

• DataPlus: 200 MB - $15.00
  • DataPro: 2GB - $25.00

If you think you will be a heavy data user, I would go with the DataPro plan.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 11 (417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2010 5:46:33 PM
(0)
Guru

glebitty wrote:

The only thing that I can really say here is that, if you use a smart phone on AT&T's network, whether you voluntarily add the data package or not, you are required to have it and one will be added for you. Just the way it is. 

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

glebitty wrote:

The only thing that I can really say here is that, if you use a smart phone on AT&T's network, whether you voluntarily add the data package or not, you are required to have it and one will be added for you. Just the way it is. 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

7 of 11 (402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:52:46 AM
(0)
Professor

glebitty wrote:

Please dont post things like this. Its not a "SCAM", its valid. Check your wireless terms of service please. Also, as noted below on your August - September 2009 bill:

Data Plan Requirements for Smartphones

An eligible data plan is required for Smartphones (including iPhone, Blackberry & PDA devices) per AT&T's Wireless Rate Plan Terms & Wireless Data Service Terms & Conditions at www.att.com/planterms. If you begin using a Smartphone after 09/05/09 without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account & bill you the proper monthly fee. See www.att.com/smartphoneplans for more info.

glebitty wrote:

Please dont post things like this. Its not a "SCAM", its valid. Check your wireless terms of service please. Also, as noted below on your August - September 2009 bill:

Data Plan Requirements for Smartphones

An eligible data plan is required for Smartphones (including iPhone, Blackberry & PDA devices) per AT&T's Wireless Rate Plan Terms & Wireless Data Service Terms & Conditions at www.att.com/planterms. If you begin using a Smartphone after 09/05/09 without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account & bill you the proper monthly fee. See www.att.com/smartphoneplans for more info.

8 of 11 (380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 1:30:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

i got a smart phone in oct. didnt require a plan then

9 of 11 (374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 4:10:12 PM
(0)
Professor

This is a useless argument.

The data plan is required, see the my post above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll repeat that for those playing at home. THE SMARTPHONE DATA PLAN IS REQUIRED FOR ALL SMARTPHONES THAT WERE USED AFTER SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR.

This is a useless argument.

The data plan is required, see the my post above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll repeat that for those playing at home. THE SMARTPHONE DATA PLAN IS REQUIRED FOR ALL SMARTPHONES THAT WERE USED AFTER SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR.

10 of 11 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 6:06:21 PM
(0)
Guru

babybambino26 wrote:

You can buy a smartphone without a data plan, YES. Put it in a drawer and never use it, FINE.

Put an AT&T Sim in it and turn it on, BAM, a data plan will be added to your line. If you don't call CS to choose a plan, the 200MB plan will automatically be added. If you call to complain and refuse to pay for the data plan, your line will be suspended.

babybambino26 wrote:

You can buy a smartphone without a data plan, YES. Put it in a drawer and never use it, FINE.

Put an AT&T Sim in it and turn it on, BAM, a data plan will be added to your line. If you don't call CS to choose a plan, the 200MB plan will automatically be added. If you call to complain and refuse to pay for the data plan, your line will be suspended.

11 of 11 (203 Views)