Helpful Links

Switching from a Blackberry Bold 9700 to iPhone 3GS

Contributor

Switching from a Blackberry Bold 9700 to iPhone 3GS

Hello,

A number of months ago I got a Blackberry Bold 9700 with AT&T that also has a data plan attached; the 2GB/mo one, I believe. This was given to my sister to use. I recently got a used iPhone 3GS from a friend and wanted to switch from the Blackberry to the iPhone as I think my sister will have an easier time with it.

As I already have a data plan and everything, is the process going to be as simple as swapping the SIM card from the BB to the iPhone? Or will there be some more complex additional steps required?

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: Switching from a Blackberry Bold 9700 to iPhone 3GS

Basicly it is simple but you do need to talk with ATT to ensure you have the right data plan.  In escense, they are the same interms of data usage but in their system, one is for BB and one is for iPhone.  It should not take you that much to make the switch and move on!  It may be just as easy to go to a corporate store and have them make the change there.  You can also call ATT from a land line.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

After hours Support:. 1-866-801-3600

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support