Ask a question

Posted May 24, 2012
10:34:05 AM
View profile
Switching data plans month to month?
I currently am on a unlimited iPhone plan. I recently bought a iPad WIFI so am considering teathering. Since im unsure how much I will use it I was wondering if I can change my data plan as needed. I know once I leave unlimited I can't go back. But can I switch between the 5gig and the 3gig plan as needed? So I can save the $20 when I don't need that feature...,

Switching data plans month to month?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 12:17:30 PM
(0)
Employee
That'll work just fine
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Switching data plans month to month?

2 of 6 (1,143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 12:52:02 PM
(0)
Expert

JFizDaWiz wrote:
That'll work just fine

wont they be hit by all the pro-rating and raise their overall cost?

3 of 6 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2012 3:57:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

JFiz,

I'm getting an error when I try to set up my monthly data account with (Elevate with a new SIM card). After I enter the IMEI and ICCID, he error message says "You cannot set up your iPad at this site", even though I'm trying to set it up with a Mac.

Any thoughts as to where the problem may lie?

4 of 6 (1,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2012 8:00:22 PM
(0)
Mentor

the prorating will even out. When he changes from the $50 to the $30, he will get the $50 advanced billing back on his next bill(after he changes features) then charged $30 for the new feature.

5 of 6 (1,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2012 2:58:07 PM
(0)
Expert

mejoey1 wrote:

the prorating will even out. When he changes from the $50 to the $30, he will get the $50 advanced billing back on his next bill(after he changes features) then charged $30 for the new feature.

don't think that is right, suspec that he will be charged partial on the 50.00 plan for the period of time that they used it then the new plan will be added and it will be pro-rated for the remain time in the billing cycle plus 1 month. Do not think I have er seen any advanced billing be refunded even on contract termination

6 of 6 (1,051 Views)