Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 1, 2011
3:14:43 PM
Switching Unlimited data between lines OR Switching phone numbers between lines?

Ok so I am eligible for an upgrade (to a smartphone). And I was wondering if when I get a smartphone, if I would be able to take an unlimited data plan on one line on my family plan, and switch it to another line? Or I could just switch the phone numbers associated with each of the lines (Is that even possible)?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Ok so I am eligible for an upgrade (to a smartphone). And I was wondering if when I get a smartphone, if I would be able to take an unlimited data plan on one line on my family plan, and switch it to another line? Or I could just switch the phone numbers associated with each of the lines (Is that even possible)?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Switching Unlimited data between lines OR Switching phone numbers between lines?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 6:30:52 AM
(0)
Expert
Not sure about switching the numbers but, as I'm sure you are aware of, an Unlimited Data Plan for smartphones no longer exists.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Not sure about switching the numbers but, as I'm sure you are aware of, an Unlimited Data Plan for smartphones no longer exists.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: Switching Unlimited data between lines OR Switching phone numbers between lines?

2 of 4 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 2:06:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok, ill look into trying to switch the numbers then. Any AT&T employee who would clarify I am able to switch phone numbers between lines would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, ill look into trying to switch the numbers then. Any AT&T employee who would clarify I am able to switch phone numbers between lines would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Switching Unlimited data between lines OR Switching phone numbers between lines?

3 of 4 (986 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 12:27:32 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

The unlimited data plan is tied to the phone number so you can't swap it to another line. 

I think it would be great for you to talk with someone to go over your account and discuss all the options available to you. 

Would you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'd be happy to have someone give you a call so you can make sure you have all the right information. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

The unlimited data plan is tied to the phone number so you can't swap it to another line. 

I think it would be great for you to talk with someone to go over your account and discuss all the options available to you. 

Would you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'd be happy to have someone give you a call so you can make sure you have all the right information. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (964 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments