Switching GoPhone Rate Plan from $60 Unlimited Talk & Text to $50 Unlimited Talk & Text

Highlighted
Contributor

Switching GoPhone Rate Plan from $60 Unlimited Talk & Text to $50 Unlimited Talk & Text

I have been using my AT&T GoPhone with the $60 Unlimited Talk & Text rate plan for about two years.  I am now aware that there is a similar/identical rate plan for only $50.  How do I go about switching over to this cheaper $50 Unlimited Talk & Text, and exactly what is included (mobile web, data)?  Would I also be able to replace my old GoPhone with a newer one, and keep my current number?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (7,427 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Switching GoPhone Rate Plan from $60 Unlimited Talk & Text to $50 Unlimited Talk & Text

Take alook at this response for info about the plans (thanks Wild Banchi): http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/Unlimited-talk-and-text-go-phone-60-vs-50/td-p/3028609

For Pay As You Go, the first rate plan change request will be processed at no charge. However, after the first change, you may be charged a $10 fee for each subsequent rate plan change.

Here's some information about upgrading your GoPhone: http://www.att.com/esupport/main.jsp?cv=821&ct=9003640&view=all&pv=2

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (7,413 Views)
Master

Re: Switching GoPhone Rate Plan from $60 Unlimited Talk & Text to $50 Unlimited Talk & Text

srcraigo wrote:

I have been using my AT&T GoPhone with the $60 Unlimited Talk & Text rate plan for about two years.  I am now aware that there is a similar/identical rate plan for only $50.  How do I go about switching over to this cheaper $50 Unlimited Talk & Text, and exactly what is included (mobile web, data)?  Would I also be able to replace my old GoPhone with a newer one, and keep my current number?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You may change your rate plan by dialing 611 from your phone. When you get to the main menu, select "more options", then "rate plan". You will probably be told about your current rate plan and what it includes, then you will hear about the different plans that are available, including the $50/monthly plan. You may select that plan and you will hear about all of the information about the plan.

Keep in mind, if you switch to a different plan, you cannot revert back to the one that you previously had.

You are absolutely able to upgrade your GoPhone and keep your phone number as long as you have existing funds in your account or if your account hasn't expired. If you plan on upgrading to a smartphone and choose the new $50/monthly plan, you will NOT be able to take advantage of the unlimited web portion of the plan.

Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4 (7,398 Views)
Master

jamileh wrote:

Take alook at this response for info about the plans (thanks Wild Banchi): http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/Unlimited-talk-and-text-go-phone-60-vs-50/td-p/3028609

For Pay As You Go, the first rate plan change request will be processed at no charge. However, after the first change, you may be charged a $10 fee for each subsequent rate plan change.

Here's some information about upgrading your GoPhone: http://www.att.com/esupport/main.jsp?cv=821&ct=9003640&view=all&pv=2

You're welcome. Don't mention it. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (7,397 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.