Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 1, 2011
4:07:37 AM
View profile
Switch Go Phones

I bought a go phone at WALMART. Put the SIM instead into my Motorola Q9H and registered it with my account. I am considering a new phone. Can I just  remove the SIM from the Q9H and put into this new phone?

I bought a go phone at WALMART. Put the SIM instead into my Motorola Q9H and registered it with my account. I am considering a new phone. Can I just  remove the SIM from the Q9H and put into this new phone?

Switch Go Phones

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 10:31:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

atlantic965 wrote:

Yes. If you get an invalid SIM message on the new phone, just call AT&T and ask them to unlock your SIM card.

atlantic965 wrote:

Yes. If you get an invalid SIM message on the new phone, just call AT&T and ask them to unlock your SIM card.

Re: Switch Go Phones

2 of 7 (7,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 3:52:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

Smiley Sad  I was told by the lady on the phone my SIM Card is locked to the phone I registered the account with and should anything ever happen to it will have to buy a new card and create a new account.  I cannot believe this is correct.

Smiley Sad  I was told by the lady on the phone my SIM Card is locked to the phone I registered the account with and should anything ever happen to it will have to buy a new card and create a new account.  I cannot believe this is correct.

3 of 7 (7,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 7:03:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

atlantic965 wrote:

Try calling again. Some CSR's are just better than others. When I called AT&T to have my GoPhone SIM card unlocked, the person I talked to had no trouble unlocking it. As always, best to call AT&T from a different phone number than the one you're trying to unlock since they're going to ask you to restart your cellphone and switch the SIM card and stuff to make sure that the unlock went through successfully.

atlantic965 wrote:

Try calling again. Some CSR's are just better than others. When I called AT&T to have my GoPhone SIM card unlocked, the person I talked to had no trouble unlocking it. As always, best to call AT&T from a different phone number than the one you're trying to unlock since they're going to ask you to restart your cellphone and switch the SIM card and stuff to make sure that the unlock went through successfully.

4 of 7 (7,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 2:56:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Take hnzw_rui's advice. Your SIM can most definitely be unlocked to use with different phones. If you get another unhelpful rep, keep trying again until you get someone that is able to unlock your SIM for you.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Take hnzw_rui's advice. Your SIM can most definitely be unlocked to use with different phones. If you get another unhelpful rep, keep trying again until you get someone that is able to unlock your SIM for you.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (7,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 5:19:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

atlantic965 wrote:

Your other option is to visit your local Corporate store and ask them for a new SIM for your phone. They can provision a new one with your existing account information, phone number, balance; and they will probably do so at no charge if you'll add funds to your account while you are in the store. 

Just make certain they use a stock SIM rather than one they pull from a GoPhone package - there have been reported issues with customers still ending up with a "locked" SIM when that is done.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

atlantic965 wrote:

Your other option is to visit your local Corporate store and ask them for a new SIM for your phone. They can provision a new one with your existing account information, phone number, balance; and they will probably do so at no charge if you'll add funds to your account while you are in the store. 

Just make certain they use a stock SIM rather than one they pull from a GoPhone package - there have been reported issues with customers still ending up with a "locked" SIM when that is done.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (7,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 8:02:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

hme83 wrote:

Doesn't matter if it's a stock SIM or not. For some reason, some of the CSR's still lock it. Had that happen to me when I misplaced my Samsung A37 GoPhone and replaced it with an unlocked Motorola SLVR. I went to corporate so I can keep my phone number and balance (had $105 in the account). I later found the A37 in one of my bags so I tried swapping the SIM card and found that the SIM was locked to the Motorola SLVR.

hme83 wrote:

Doesn't matter if it's a stock SIM or not. For some reason, some of the CSR's still lock it. Had that happen to me when I misplaced my Samsung A37 GoPhone and replaced it with an unlocked Motorola SLVR. I went to corporate so I can keep my phone number and balance (had $105 in the account). I later found the A37 in one of my bags so I tried swapping the SIM card and found that the SIM was locked to the Motorola SLVR.

7 of 7 (7,672 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments