Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 17, 2010
7:20:36 AM
Suffering from ATT customer service

I ordered two iPhones through ATT by phone. It was to be delivered 09/14 by Fedex whose driver said "left at front door with no signature".  I was so excited, but when I got home, no package!!! I went to FedEx online and the tracking number showed it had been 'dropped off at front door' but no signature was required or obtained. That makes sense because I wasn't home.  I immediately called FedEx, who informed me that I had to deal with ATT, not FedEx.    That started the nightmare.  I've called several different phone numbers, and been tranferred through several different departments.  This should be just a simple case. Just ship me two new iphones!! One of the reps said the policy tells her that they should send me new phones but she has no authority to order iphones.  Who DOES!!!  Please contact me!!!

Does ATT really value its customers? Should I tell this nightmare story to newspapers or to report to BBB? If att keeps to hold me, i think att will lose me as a customer.

I ordered two iPhones through ATT by phone. It was to be delivered 09/14 by Fedex whose driver said "left at front door with no signature".  I was so excited, but when I got home, no package!!! I went to FedEx online and the tracking number showed it had been 'dropped off at front door' but no signature was required or obtained. That makes sense because I wasn't home.  I immediately called FedEx, who informed me that I had to deal with ATT, not FedEx.    That started the nightmare.  I've called several different phone numbers, and been tranferred through several different departments.  This should be just a simple case. Just ship me two new iphones!! One of the reps said the policy tells her that they should send me new phones but she has no authority to order iphones.  Who DOES!!!  Please contact me!!!

Does ATT really value its customers? Should I tell this nightmare story to newspapers or to report to BBB? If att keeps to hold me, i think att will lose me as a customer.

Suffering from ATT customer service

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 8:20:08 AM
(0)
Professor

Calm down, call Premier support - they can assist you: 1-866-499-8008. Let us know how it turns out.

Calm down, call Premier support - they can assist you: 1-866-499-8008. Let us know how it turns out.

Re: Suffering from ATT customer service

2 of 9 (293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 11:04:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Called the premier support already. They cannot solve the problem. They said that the order is placed by the national business unit. I once called the national business unit dept, but they told me that they do not have the authority to place iphone orders and then they transferred me to other department.

Called the premier support already. They cannot solve the problem. They said that the order is placed by the national business unit. I once called the national business unit dept, but they told me that they do not have the authority to place iphone orders and then they transferred me to other department.

t Re: Suffering from ATT customer service

3 of 9 (268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 11:09:05 AM
(0)
Professor

Okay, here is what you'll have to do. Call customer service, get the order number from them. Should look like XXXX-X-XXXXXXX. Using this order number, they can look up what actual sales channel placed the order and then you can call them. Your just getting a little lost, but we can get this figured out.

Okay, here is what you'll have to do. Call customer service, get the order number from them. Should look like XXXX-X-XXXXXXX. Using this order number, they can look up what actual sales channel placed the order and then you can call them. Your just getting a little lost, but we can get this figured out.

Re: t Re: Suffering from ATT customer service

4 of 9 (262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 11:18:39 AM
(0)
Tutor

I know the order number. I know that the order is placed by National unit business. This order is an upgrade and it's done by that dept. over phone. But several reps told me that the premier dept. is the one who can place iphone orders.........

I just want my devices. Now I am somewhat frustrated to talk to the reps.

Thank you for your response.

I know the order number. I know that the order is placed by National unit business. This order is an upgrade and it's done by that dept. over phone. But several reps told me that the premier dept. is the one who can place iphone orders.........

I just want my devices. Now I am somewhat frustrated to talk to the reps.

Thank you for your response.

5 of 9 (254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 11:25:20 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by UNSC_REACH on Sep 17, 2010 at 11:27:53 AM

What is the first part of the order number? Please dont post the entire thing. I'll find out exactly which department for you. Just the XXXXs before the -x-

What is the first part of the order number? Please dont post the entire thing. I'll find out exactly which department for you. Just the XXXXs before the -x-

[ Edited ]
6 of 9 (248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 11:34:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

The order number is not like your format. It starts with "EXTP" followed by 10 digits of numbers. The first 3 numbers are 889

thanks

The order number is not like your format. It starts with "EXTP" followed by 10 digits of numbers. The first 3 numbers are 889

thanks

7 of 9 (242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 12:40:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Any update?

Any update?

8 of 9 (226 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2010 7:19:28 AM
(0)
Mentor

How is this situation so far?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

How is this situation so far?

9 of 9 (175 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments