Stuck with iPhone 4s - just venting!

Tutor

Stuck with iPhone 4s - just venting!

All my fears about Apple have come true with the 4S.  All of my music, mail, contact info, planner, etc is stored on my iPhone - more & more with each version as they got better & better but I always worried what would happen if they made a poor model....

I like new toys and I'm moderately technicaly savy but got lazy with the whole "It just works" stuff

Enter the 4s which I picked up on the day of release & have regretted pretty much since!  Each and every time they release an upgrade to the software it fails the first and sometimes second time.  iTunes has crashed and wiped itself out & returned several times leaving me with no faith in it anymore. 

I have restored the phone numerous times, both from back-up & as a new device, all to no avail.  It siezes up, crashes, slows to a crawl and generally makes me nervous when travelling to the point I have gone back to a standalone GPS so at least I know I'll find my way there! 

The cloud has duplicated my contacts a few times which is more than annoying as I have almost two thousand as it is & I recently found that the newer ones havent been synched to my outlook either.  I had the 3GS priuor to this & my wife has had the 4 for the same time period without these issues.

Bottom line I'm not happy with my iPhone & would gladly switch to the Nokia Windows phone if it wern't for the $500 price tag (no upgrade available until next year).  Looks like I'm stuck with a buggy, undependable pain in the neck phone for another year - not the experience I was hoping for when I shelled out my hard earned $$$.  I did also buy the apple care plan so my last hope is a refurbished replacement (that I'll have to set-up all over again & buy new e-grips for)...Yay!

Message 1 of 9 (671 Views)
Former Employee

Re: Stuck with iPhone 4s - just venting!

You know you can sell your iPhone for a lot of money, probably enough to cover the Nokia... I recommend an Android though, Nokia is nice but boring and you'll be disappointed by weak app options after the iPhone. Look at HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.

Message 2 of 9 (665 Views)
Professor

Did you try getting service from Apple? Sounds like you may have a faulty device and they may just replace it with a new one.

Message 3 of 9 (652 Views)
Professor

Nothing wrong with the 4S in general. I've had no problems with mine. Sounds like you just got a bad phone. You need to have Apple look at it since it should still be under warranty.
Message 4 of 9 (640 Views)
Master

Considering that Apple has great customer service and will help you out, make an appointment to have them look at your phone. Www.apple.com/retail

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 9 (586 Views)
Tutor

spent quite a few hours over a couple of occasions, same stuff restore / new, blah blah! I'm going to switch it out though just in case - not much choice as iCloud seems to have cleared out my outlook file......
Message 6 of 9 (569 Views)
Tutor

Thanks, worth a try I suppose.

Message 7 of 9 (569 Views)

I run iCloud, have iTunes Match enabled, have previously run an Exchange account on my phone, and I've never had the problems you described. Swapping the phone out seems like your best bet.

skisby wrote:
spent quite a few hours over a couple of occasions, same stuff restore / new, blah blah! I'm going to switch it out though just in case - not much choice as iCloud seems to have cleared out my outlook file......

Message 8 of 9 (491 Views)
Highlighted

I think it's just a faulty iPhone 4S! My iPhone 4S does seem to die quickly, but I don't think I've had any other issues. I'd never go to a Windows or Android phone after an iOS device.

Message 9 of 9 (395 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.