Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2011
4:57:16 AM
Streaming services not working on 3G / only on WiFi

Hi, since Thursday night/Friday morning I have been having problems using streaming services such as TuneIn and Zune Marketplace.  Using TuneIn a stream gets to either 56s or 1m 21s and stops.  With Zune Marketplace it seems to be about 31s or so.  So far this has been the case 100% of the time - it fails on 3G at these points and works on WiFi.  

I posted on a WP7 forum and a number of other users (some of whom confirmed they are on AT&T) are having similar problems, problems that started on Thursday/Friday of last week and with a number of other streaming services (SiriusXM Buddy, LastFM).  I'm on the 7740 update but I know one other user is still on 7720.  

Have you ever heard of such a thing or have any idea what might be causing it? 

Thanks

Hi, since Thursday night/Friday morning I have been having problems using streaming services such as TuneIn and Zune Marketplace.  Using TuneIn a stream gets to either 56s or 1m 21s and stops.  With Zune Marketplace it seems to be about 31s or so.  So far this has been the case 100% of the time - it fails on 3G at these points and works on WiFi.  

I posted on a WP7 forum and a number of other users (some of whom confirmed they are on AT&T) are having similar problems, problems that started on Thursday/Friday of last week and with a number of other streaming services (SiriusXM Buddy, LastFM).  I'm on the 7740 update but I know one other user is still on 7720.  

Have you ever heard of such a thing or have any idea what might be causing it? 

Thanks

Streaming services not working on 3G / only on WiFi

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 6:49:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can confirm that in area code 11742 NewYork, you can stream only for 25 - 30 seconds before shut down. Every 30 seconds you have restart stream. This problem started Friday, December 2 2011 and it has effected ALL data customers.

I call AT&T customer support but they do not know anything about the issue and they refuse to send any technical crew to the area. I will ask for the credit  for this data service malfunction.

I can confirm that in area code 11742 NewYork, you can stream only for 25 - 30 seconds before shut down. Every 30 seconds you have restart stream. This problem started Friday, December 2 2011 and it has effected ALL data customers.

I call AT&T customer support but they do not know anything about the issue and they refuse to send any technical crew to the area. I will ask for the credit  for this data service malfunction.

Re: Streaming services not working on 3G / only on WiFi

2 of 7 (1,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 11:04:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

It looks the only phones which have problems are Windows Mobile and WP7. IPhones work OK. 

It looks the only phones which have problems are Windows Mobile and WP7. IPhones work OK. 

3 of 7 (983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 6:07:35 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by embedded_guru on Dec 5, 2011 at 6:13:20 PM

Confirmed 12-2-2011 thru 12-5-2011: 3g streaming drops out every 30 seconds, this is ocurring in MA area too, Norwood, Cambridge, Newton, Dedham, Westwood, Waltham.  I tested this with a network meter on a Motorola Bravo MB520, android 2.2.1, before and after two factory resets, only six apps installed during the test; bare minimum.  Tunein, Youtube, Algezera, TED, and Stock Web Browser. 

Email; Yahoo and Google also experience "no connection" error;  "retry" re-establishes the connection after one or two tries.  Market is also experiencing "no connection" during the download of apps to restore the phone under test.

WiFi connection works with no drop outs.

Drop out is persistent every 30 seconds.  Tonight I swapped out my 11 month old Motorola Bravo for a new one, thinking it may be a hardware issue, after calling tech support to discover they were unaware of any issues (only one cell tower in service 10 miles away).

I observe the same results with the new Bravo MB520.  There is a probelm with the AT&T network.  I am on the phone now with service to inquire if they are aware.... They just responded: Tech support service is unaware of a problem, they have stated they will work on the issue. 

Jeff

Confirmed 12-2-2011 thru 12-5-2011: 3g streaming drops out every 30 seconds, this is ocurring in MA area too, Norwood, Cambridge, Newton, Dedham, Westwood, Waltham.  I tested this with a network meter on a Motorola Bravo MB520, android 2.2.1, before and after two factory resets, only six apps installed during the test; bare minimum.  Tunein, Youtube, Algezera, TED, and Stock Web Browser. 

Email; Yahoo and Google also experience "no connection" error;  "retry" re-establishes the connection after one or two tries.  Market is also experiencing "no connection" during the download of apps to restore the phone under test.

WiFi connection works with no drop outs.

Drop out is persistent every 30 seconds.  Tonight I swapped out my 11 month old Motorola Bravo for a new one, thinking it may be a hardware issue, after calling tech support to discover they were unaware of any issues (only one cell tower in service 10 miles away).

I observe the same results with the new Bravo MB520.  There is a probelm with the AT&T network.  I am on the phone now with service to inquire if they are aware.... They just responded: Tech support service is unaware of a problem, they have stated they will work on the issue. 

Jeff

Re: Streaming services not working on 3G / only on WiFi - confirmed in MA every 30 seconds

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 6:23:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the responses, guys. I will pass on to others who are having issues.
Thanks for the responses, guys. I will pass on to others who are having issues.

Re: Streaming services not working on 3G / only on WiFi - confirmed in MA every 30 seconds

5 of 7 (958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 5:37:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just outside Chicago and things working for me this morning.  

Thanks

Graham 

Just outside Chicago and things working for me this morning.  

Thanks

Graham 

6 of 7 (932 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 6:06:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

Today, 12-06-2011 real-time streaming is operating.

Jeff

Today, 12-06-2011 real-time streaming is operating.

Jeff

7 of 7 (918 Views)