Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 21, 2008
7:51:33 PM
Strange response to command
I got my phone on Friday and am slowly figuring everything out.  I have encountered a problem that I can't find an answer for.  when i try to use voice command, I will punch the button, she will say, "say a command"  I can say "call home"  and she will say, "did you say hungjow?"  doesn't matter what name I ask to be called I get the same response.  Suggestions on how to solve this please
I got my phone on Friday and am slowly figuring everything out.  I have encountered a problem that I can't find an answer for.  when i try to use voice command, I will punch the button, she will say, "say a command"  I can say "call home"  and she will say, "did you say hungjow?"  doesn't matter what name I ask to be called I get the same response.  Suggestions on how to solve this please

Strange response to command

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2008 5:53:55 AM
(0)
Master

quiltswithluv wrote:

That is so funny Smiley Very Happy

Since your phone is new, and you don't have too much info loaded yet, maybe you can try a Master Reset for the phone (I don't have your phone so don't know the menus to get there).

If you do have anything personal, like ringtones, loaded, make sure you back them up before you do the master reset.

On my Duo, I go to START >> SETTINGS >> SECURITY and Master Clear is one of the options. Default password, if needed, is 0000

If after you perform the Master Clear and it still has this problem, you just might have a defective phone. In which case, you will need to return it to the store you bought it from or call the online company you ordered from to ship you a new phone. Do NOT get a "warranty exchange" as you are still in your buyer's remorse period (assuming you're within 30 days of purchase) and can try new phones.
Good luck.

quiltswithluv wrote:

That is so funny Smiley Very Happy

Since your phone is new, and you don't have too much info loaded yet, maybe you can try a Master Reset for the phone (I don't have your phone so don't know the menus to get there).

If you do have anything personal, like ringtones, loaded, make sure you back them up before you do the master reset.

On my Duo, I go to START >> SETTINGS >> SECURITY and Master Clear is one of the options. Default password, if needed, is 0000

If after you perform the Master Clear and it still has this problem, you just might have a defective phone. In which case, you will need to return it to the store you bought it from or call the online company you ordered from to ship you a new phone. Do NOT get a "warranty exchange" as you are still in your buyer's remorse period (assuming you're within 30 days of purchase) and can try new phones.
Good luck.
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

Re: Strange response to command

2 of 2 (5,005 Views)