Strange email push latency problem

Highlighted
Mentor

Strange email push latency problem

I have many email addresses defined to my BB 9700.

Recently, my BB has been having issues with my main work email address. 

I did many tests to measure the latency.  Yesterday, at 12:09p, I sent a single email to 3 accounts hosted at goDaddy and to my account at att.blackberry.net (as a control):

1. Account at att.blackberry.net received it within seconds
  2. goDaddy Account #1 received it within seconds
  3. goDaddy Account #2 received it within seconds
  4. goDaddy Account #3 received it @ 3:25a.  This is my main work email account.  More than 15 hours is clearly unacceptable.  Sometimes emails are delayed 3 hours, sometimes 4h, sometimes 9h, this case 15h and sometimes they never arrive.  Remember, this account too used to work within seconds.

I checked the definitions at goDaddy, on the BB and via the old BIS website and all 4 seems to be defined exactly the same.  Any ideas?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 6
RCA
Mentor

Re: Strange email push latency problem

Are email accounts 1,2 and 3 all hosted with GoDaddy (EDIT: nevermind, i see you said they are hosted with GoDaddy)? Or do you have your record(s) pointed to another email host?

With email account #3, my only suggestion is to delete it from the phone, pull the battery (reset phone), and then re-enter the email account. You might also try resending the service books as well.

Message 2 of 6
Mentor

@RCA Thanks for the suggestions, but I tried both of those before I posted.

Message 3 of 6
Mentor

I checked with GoDaddy and for account#3, they report that the email hit the webmail server within seconds, so they believe it's a carrier (AT&T) problem...

Message 4 of 6
Mentor

So I spent the whole morning with goDaddy then AT&T then RIM (BlackBerry).  We tried everything: deleting Service Books and resending; deleting the email account and re-adding (once thru the BIS website and a second time from the BB); and many other things BB tried in the background.  Mike @ RIM was fantastic and tried everything.  When all else failed, Mike read the the fora and found a similar case and suggested I:

1. Delete the account from the BB
  2. Pull the Battery
  3. Delete the account from GoDaddy
  4. Wait a bit
  5. Re-add the account at GoDaddy
  6. Put the battery back in
  7. Re-add the account on the BB

Well, what do you know that worked!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
RCA
Mentor

Thanks for posting the results.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support