Ask a question

Posted Apr 2, 2012
    1:03:07 PM
    View profile
    Store Scam Credits never posted as promised by store
    Edited by jamileh on Apr 2, 2012 at 1:10:07 PM

Beware of any promised credits from AT&T stores to lure you into buying products from their stores.  Here is what I experienced.  Anyone out there please let me know how I can escalate this to AT&T management or to an watchdog agency.

I went to the AT&T store # S995 at 9050 Tampa Blvd. Northridge, CA 91354 and spoke to  a salesman named David <last name removed> who was selling me an IPAD.  We were not interested until he said that he and his manager  would give me $243 worth of credits on my AT&T bill and wrote details at the back of his card.  Great deal we thought and bought the IPAD.  Did we get the credits.. NO.  Two months later, called up the store and found out the manager he introduced us to was not even a manager.  Spoke to his real manager a woman named Jennifer and she was surprised about this but assured us that they would give us our credits in increments as they could not issue this big amount in one swoop.  This was not what was told to us by DAVID but anyways, we thought at least we will get our credits.  A month later we got $86.00 credit on our bill.  That was it though no other credits have been issued.  Been calling David and Jennifer and they keep saying they will look into it and will call me back.. No call back at all.  I have to call them like 5x but still no credit.  I THINK THIS IS A SCAM..  AT&T SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS AND MAKE CHANGES.  THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECT FROM AT&T. I have been a customer for 15 years.  Is this the way you train your salespeople just to make a sale to promise things they will never give anyways.  I WANT MY CREDIT and I WANT IT NOW. 

Store Scam Credits never posted as promised by store

[ Edited ]
    1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 2, 2012 1:11:24 PM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

I'm very sorry that you didn't get the credits you were promised by David. 

I will make sure this feedback gets to the manager responsible for that area. 

I'd also like to have you speak with a member of my team directly to see what else we can do. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Store Scam Credits never posted as promised by store

2 of 2 (424 Views)