Stock ROM blocks downloading files!?

Stock ROM blocks downloading files!?

Has anyone else experienced this? I had no problem downloading files on my Sprint Touch Pro, even my old Axim x51 using Opera, but using my Pure, I get an error.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9 (2,096 Views)
Master

Re: Stock ROM blocks downloading files!?

Downloading what exactly? FTP, Rapidshare, attatchments, etc?
Message 2 of 9 (2,095 Views)

kareem9nba wrote:
Downloading what exactly? FTP, Rapidshare, attatchments, etc?

Well, I've tried downloading RapidShare files, mp3's off Google, an mp3 podcast off of blogspot, even the updates from HTC's website. Every time I'm greeted with the same error. The only things that have successfully downloaded are images and a  couple .cabs

I really hope there is a way around this, the ability to download files is one of the main reasons I continue to choose Windows Mobile...

Message 3 of 9 (2,038 Views)
Guru

As a quick fix, can't you download files to your desktop/laptop, then transfer them via sync'ing or placing the files on a storage card, then insert the card back into your device?
Message 4 of 9 (2,014 Views)

Well yea...thats what I have been doing. Point is I bought a WinMo device because it has nearly all the features that a desktop machine does. If I wanted a gimped mobile experience, I would've kept my iPhone..
Message 5 of 9 (1,995 Views)
Professor

Strange, I've downloaded from Rapidshare using Opera on my Tilt 2, stock ROM. 

Have you tried toggling the Mobile View off/on in Opera?

Message 6 of 9 (1,993 Views)

redpoint73 wrote:

Strange, I've downloaded from Rapidshare using Opera on my Tilt 2, stock ROM. 

Have you tried toggling the Mobile View off/on in Opera?

Just did, no luck downloading an mp3 podcast. Try downloading a file from indiespinnerrack.blogspot.com. Maybe its not just me

Message 7 of 9 (1,985 Views)
Contributor

It's not just you.  I'm freakin mad.  I went from an HTC Tilt, which I loved, to the HTC Pure.  Normal files I can no longer download.  it seems, from what I've noticed that it is files over a certian file size, as I am able to download everything small.  One thing I'm thinking is that the timeout on webpage registry entry needs to be upped... A LOT!

Does anyone have any fixes for this or know where my theory would be located at in the registry and I'

ll change it myself to see if that works....

Message 8 of 9 (1,637 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Are you using Opera or IE?  As noted above, downloading works fine for me on Opera on the Tilt2.  But I'm not sure if the file size issue you mentioned has an effect on my phone.  But its worth a try if you are using IE, to try downloading on Opera instead.
Message 9 of 9 (1,625 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.