Sprint orders have begun to ship!

Teacher

Sprint orders have begun to ship!

I just heard sprint has started shipping the phones already. Will At&t follow suit?

Message 1 of 22
Mentor

Re: Sprint orders have begun to ship!

Really where did you get that info from? What site?

Message 2 of 22
Master

Just saw that too in my RSS feeds.  I forgot to take note of the site.  Apple Insider, MacRummors, 9 to 5 mac or Engadget are the probable suspects.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 22

My order from Apple hasn't shipped yet, but the status has changed to "Preparing for Shipment".
Message 4 of 22
Teacher

Message 5 of 22
Professor

My experience from the iPhone 4 is that the AT&T preorders ship from Texas (where AT&T drop ships them to) and tracking info becomes valid on Wednesday or so. AT&T preorders come direct from China.

If you ordered early enough last Friday, you will get you phone on launch day. I know it's pointless to say this, but people need to stop obsessing over every little change in status (or lack of) on their order page and just wait a few days. It will all come together. It's really too early to start worrying just yet.
Message 6 of 22
Professor

webenlight wrote:
http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/09/early-iphone-4s-orders-begin-shipping-to-customers-from-sprint-at-leas...

Should have ordered from Sprint. They will have them tomorrow!

I would be very surprised if that's true.  Apple usually keeps a very tight shipping schedule on these things so that no one gets them earlier.  True, for the iPhone 4, they let about half of them arrive the day before launch day to ease the load on their activation servers, but 3-4 days early seems way too early.  If Sprint is sending theirs out before they were authorized by Apple, Apple will be very displeased.

Besides, I'm not sure this proves anything.  "Reader Alex" may have gotten a shipping notice, but if there was no tracking number, it's not actually shipping.  Admittedly, they could have removed it before posting on the web, but even if there was a tracking number, I'd be surprised if it actually shows as moving in UPS's system.  All a tracking number means is that the shipper has printed out a label with software and assigned a number to a package.  It doesn't mean that the label has actually been put on a package, or that the package is even in the carrier's hands.

Message 7 of 22
Professor

webenlight wrote:

I just heard sprint has started shipping the phones already. Will At&t follow suit?

Remember sprint has never had the iphone of course they will have before AT&T for shipment. Apple knows sprint will have a lot more buyers for the iphone 4S so that makes sense to me.  if you have the Iphone4 you can wait a few days lol...

Message 8 of 22
Mentor

Since they have so many orders they're most likely just packing it up and printing out the shipping labels so thats its completely ready to ship -- they'll keep it sitting in their warehouse til Wed if they're shipping it with 2-day shipping or Thurs if they're doing overnight shipping (that link above shows it shipping overnight so most likely they'll let it sit in the warehouse til Thurs and then hand it over to Fedex/UPS)

Message 9 of 22
Scholar

I suspect that this means they have printed the shipping label and it's awaiting pickup. It doesn't mean that the phones have been handed off to UPS / FedEx/ etc.

Message 10 of 22
Scholar

I wouldn't count on getting the phone early. Maybe one day but that's it. When I ordered my iPhone 4 (shipped from China), it was already sitting in the local UPS warehouse (or it might be FedEx) for 3 days but actual delivery was held off until the official release date.

Message 11 of 22
Professor

AT&T phones, at least those ordered directly from Apple, have begun to ship. I got a shipment notification email around 3:00 AM this morning.

Message 12 of 22
Scholar

When did you place your pre-order?

Message 13 of 22
Professor

Friday morning, around 7:30 AM Eastern.

Message 14 of 22
Scholar

I clocked in at 5:30 am (CST) but my order still says "preparing for shipment".

Message 15 of 22
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support