Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 9, 2011
5:14:01 PM
View profile
Sprint orders have begun to ship!

I just heard sprint has started shipping the phones already. Will At&t follow suit?

I just heard sprint has started shipping the phones already. Will At&t follow suit?

Sprint orders have begun to ship!

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 5:22:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

Really where did you get that info from? What site?

Really where did you get that info from? What site?

Re: Sprint orders have begun to ship!

2 of 22 (913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 5:28:27 PM
(0)
Master

Just saw that too in my RSS feeds.  I forgot to take note of the site.  Apple Insider, MacRummors, 9 to 5 mac or Engadget are the probable suspects.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Just saw that too in my RSS feeds.  I forgot to take note of the site.  Apple Insider, MacRummors, 9 to 5 mac or Engadget are the probable suspects.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 22 (903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 5:34:25 PM
(0)
Guru
My order from Apple hasn't shipped yet, but the status has changed to "Preparing for Shipment".
My order from Apple hasn't shipped yet, but the status has changed to "Preparing for Shipment".

4 of 22 (890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 5:40:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

5 of 22 (874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 5:45:38 PM
(0)
Professor
My experience from the iPhone 4 is that the AT&T preorders ship from Texas (where AT&T drop ships them to) and tracking info becomes valid on Wednesday or so. AT&T preorders come direct from China.

If you ordered early enough last Friday, you will get you phone on launch day. I know it's pointless to say this, but people need to stop obsessing over every little change in status (or lack of) on their order page and just wait a few days. It will all come together. It's really too early to start worrying just yet.
My experience from the iPhone 4 is that the AT&T preorders ship from Texas (where AT&T drop ships them to) and tracking info becomes valid on Wednesday or so. AT&T preorders come direct from China.

If you ordered early enough last Friday, you will get you phone on launch day. I know it's pointless to say this, but people need to stop obsessing over every little change in status (or lack of) on their order page and just wait a few days. It will all come together. It's really too early to start worrying just yet.

6 of 22 (859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 5:53:25 PM
(0)
Professor

webenlight wrote:
http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/09/early-iphone-4s-orders-begin-shipping-to-customers-from-sprint-at-leas...

Should have ordered from Sprint. They will have them tomorrow!

I would be very surprised if that's true.  Apple usually keeps a very tight shipping schedule on these things so that no one gets them earlier.  True, for the iPhone 4, they let about half of them arrive the day before launch day to ease the load on their activation servers, but 3-4 days early seems way too early.  If Sprint is sending theirs out before they were authorized by Apple, Apple will be very displeased.

Besides, I'm not sure this proves anything.  "Reader Alex" may have gotten a shipping notice, but if there was no tracking number, it's not actually shipping.  Admittedly, they could have removed it before posting on the web, but even if there was a tracking number, I'd be surprised if it actually shows as moving in UPS's system.  All a tracking number means is that the shipper has printed out a label with software and assigned a number to a package.  It doesn't mean that the label has actually been put on a package, or that the package is even in the carrier's hands.

webenlight wrote:
http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/09/early-iphone-4s-orders-begin-shipping-to-customers-from-sprint-at-least/

Should have ordered from Sprint. They will have them tomorrow!

I would be very surprised if that's true.  Apple usually keeps a very tight shipping schedule on these things so that no one gets them earlier.  True, for the iPhone 4, they let about half of them arrive the day before launch day to ease the load on their activation servers, but 3-4 days early seems way too early.  If Sprint is sending theirs out before they were authorized by Apple, Apple will be very displeased.

Besides, I'm not sure this proves anything.  "Reader Alex" may have gotten a shipping notice, but if there was no tracking number, it's not actually shipping.  Admittedly, they could have removed it before posting on the web, but even if there was a tracking number, I'd be surprised if it actually shows as moving in UPS's system.  All a tracking number means is that the shipper has printed out a label with software and assigned a number to a package.  It doesn't mean that the label has actually been put on a package, or that the package is even in the carrier's hands.

7 of 22 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 6:35:08 PM
(0)
Professor

webenlight wrote:

Remember sprint has never had the iphone of course they will have before AT&T for shipment. Apple knows sprint will have a lot more buyers for the iphone 4S so that makes sense to me.  if you have the Iphone4 you can wait a few days lol...

webenlight wrote:

Remember sprint has never had the iphone of course they will have before AT&T for shipment. Apple knows sprint will have a lot more buyers for the iphone 4S so that makes sense to me.  if you have the Iphone4 you can wait a few days lol...

hello!!!

8 of 22 (805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 6:35:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

Since they have so many orders they're most likely just packing it up and printing out the shipping labels so thats its completely ready to ship -- they'll keep it sitting in their warehouse til Wed if they're shipping it with 2-day shipping or Thurs if they're doing overnight shipping (that link above shows it shipping overnight so most likely they'll let it sit in the warehouse til Thurs and then hand it over to Fedex/UPS)

Since they have so many orders they're most likely just packing it up and printing out the shipping labels so thats its completely ready to ship -- they'll keep it sitting in their warehouse til Wed if they're shipping it with 2-day shipping or Thurs if they're doing overnight shipping (that link above shows it shipping overnight so most likely they'll let it sit in the warehouse til Thurs and then hand it over to Fedex/UPS)

9 of 22 (803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 7:50:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

I suspect that this means they have printed the shipping label and it's awaiting pickup. It doesn't mean that the phones have been handed off to UPS / FedEx/ etc.

I suspect that this means they have printed the shipping label and it's awaiting pickup. It doesn't mean that the phones have been handed off to UPS / FedEx/ etc.

10 of 22 (728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 12:09:04 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by hnzw_rui on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:11:00 AM

I wouldn't count on getting the phone early. Maybe one day but that's it. When I ordered my iPhone 4 (shipped from China), it was already sitting in the local UPS warehouse (or it might be FedEx) for 3 days but actual delivery was held off until the official release date.

I wouldn't count on getting the phone early. Maybe one day but that's it. When I ordered my iPhone 4 (shipped from China), it was already sitting in the local UPS warehouse (or it might be FedEx) for 3 days but actual delivery was held off until the official release date.

[ Edited ]
11 of 22 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 5:16:09 AM
(0)
Professor

AT&T phones, at least those ordered directly from Apple, have begun to ship. I got a shipment notification email around 3:00 AM this morning.

AT&T phones, at least those ordered directly from Apple, have begun to ship. I got a shipment notification email around 3:00 AM this morning.

12 of 22 (542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 5:25:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

When did you place your pre-order?

When did you place your pre-order?

13 of 22 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 5:33:20 AM
(0)
Professor

Friday morning, around 7:30 AM Eastern.

Friday morning, around 7:30 AM Eastern.

14 of 22 (535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 5:52:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by akoxeno on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:53:11 AM

I clocked in at 5:30 am (CST) but my order still says "preparing for shipment".

I clocked in at 5:30 am (CST) but my order still says "preparing for shipment".

[ Edited ]
15 of 22 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:01:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

just because you've received a shipping notice, doesn't mean it's actually shipped.

chances are, it means that shipping labels have been printed for your phone and are awaiting pick-up from UPS/Fed-EX .....  which I bet won't happen until Wednesday. 

just because you've received a shipping notice, doesn't mean it's actually shipped.

chances are, it means that shipping labels have been printed for your phone and are awaiting pick-up from UPS/Fed-EX .....  which I bet won't happen until Wednesday. 

16 of 22 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:07:01 AM
(0)
Professor

mom2boys77 wrote:

Wrong. I have a tracking number, and it shows a departure scan in Shenzhen, China and an arrival scan in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong.

mom2boys77 wrote:

Wrong. I have a tracking number, and it shows a departure scan in Shenzhen, China and an arrival scan in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong.

17 of 22 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:20:41 AM
(0)
Master

Max69 wrote:

mom2boys77 wrote:

This is how it was for the iPHone 4.  You may see it get to the US and sit in one of the shipping depots for a day or so.  They may have it arive a day early or arive on the 14th as promised.

Bottom line it is on it way!

Max69 wrote:

mom2boys77 wrote:

This is how it was for the iPHone 4.  You may see it get to the US and sit in one of the shipping depots for a day or so.  They may have it arive a day early or arive on the 14th as promised.

Bottom line it is on it way!

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

18 of 22 (501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:45:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

Do you remember when the charge showed up on your CC?

19 of 22 (489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:53:01 AM
(0)
Professor
The orders from Apple come directly from China. The orders from ATT get sent from their warehouse, which is in Texas I believe. Apple ships the phones from China to the ATT warehouse, but you don't see that part of the trip. You just see the ATT to you part of the trip.

Orders that show up on tracking thru Apple today and those that show up on ATT tomorrow or Wednesday will both arrive the same day. The people who ordered thru Apple aren't getting them early.
The orders from Apple come directly from China. The orders from ATT get sent from their warehouse, which is in Texas I believe. Apple ships the phones from China to the ATT warehouse, but you don't see that part of the trip. You just see the ATT to you part of the trip.

Orders that show up on tracking thru Apple today and those that show up on ATT tomorrow or Wednesday will both arrive the same day. The people who ordered thru Apple aren't getting them early.

20 of 22 (480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 7:09:45 AM
(0)
Professor

akoxeno wrote:

I didn't check. I had an order confirmation email stating it would be delivered on the 14th and that was good enough for me.

dwill05 wrote:

That's fine by me. I don't expect special treatment. Plus the phone isn't for me, so I'm not real concerned about it. As long as it gets here I'm good.

akoxeno wrote:

I didn't check. I had an order confirmation email stating it would be delivered on the 14th and that was good enough for me.

dwill05 wrote:

That's fine by me. I don't expect special treatment. Plus the phone isn't for me, so I'm not real concerned about it. As long as it gets here I'm good.

21 of 22 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 8:00:31 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by akoxeno on Oct 10, 2011 at 8:03:13 AM

I now have a tracking number with a departure scan from HKG with delivery set for 10/14.

I now have a tracking number with a departure scan from HKG with delivery set for 10/14.

[ Edited ]
22 of 22 (448 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments