Sprint orders have begun to ship!

Teacher

Sprint orders have begun to ship!

I just heard sprint has started shipping the phones already. Will At&t follow suit?

Message 1 of 22 (994 Views)
Mentor

Re: Sprint orders have begun to ship!

just because you've received a shipping notice, doesn't mean it's actually shipped.

chances are, it means that shipping labels have been printed for your phone and are awaiting pick-up from UPS/Fed-EX .....  which I bet won't happen until Wednesday. 

Message 16 of 22 (583 Views)
Professor

mom2boys77 wrote:

just because you've received a shipping notice, doesn't mean it's actually shipped.

chances are, it means that shipping labels have been printed for your phone and are awaiting pick-up from UPS/Fed-EX .....  which I bet won't happen until Wednesday. 

Wrong. I have a tracking number, and it shows a departure scan in Shenzhen, China and an arrival scan in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong.

Message 17 of 22 (577 Views)
Master

Max69 wrote:

mom2boys77 wrote:

Wrong. I have a tracking number, and it shows a departure scan in Shenzhen, China and an arrival scan in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong.

This is how it was for the iPHone 4.  You may see it get to the US and sit in one of the shipping depots for a day or so.  They may have it arive a day early or arive on the 14th as promised.

Bottom line it is on it way!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 18 of 22 (573 Views)
Scholar

Do you remember when the charge showed up on your CC?

Message 19 of 22 (561 Views)
Professor

The orders from Apple come directly from China. The orders from ATT get sent from their warehouse, which is in Texas I believe. Apple ships the phones from China to the ATT warehouse, but you don't see that part of the trip. You just see the ATT to you part of the trip.

Orders that show up on tracking thru Apple today and those that show up on ATT tomorrow or Wednesday will both arrive the same day. The people who ordered thru Apple aren't getting them early.
Message 20 of 22 (552 Views)
Professor

akoxeno wrote:

Do you remember when the charge showed up on your CC?

I didn't check. I had an order confirmation email stating it would be delivered on the 14th and that was good enough for me.

dwill05 wrote:

Orders that show up on tracking thru Apple today and those that show up on ATT tomorrow or Wednesday will both arrive the same day. The people who ordered thru Apple aren't getting them early.

That's fine by me. I don't expect special treatment. Plus the phone isn't for me, so I'm not real concerned about it. As long as it gets here I'm good.

Message 21 of 22 (563 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I now have a tracking number with a departure scan from HKG with delivery set for 10/14.

Message 22 of 22 (520 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.