Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 30, 2008
4:35:31 PM
View profile
Spam text messages
Edited by Lainey_1165 on Apr 30, 2008 at 6:27:02 PM
I just received a spam text message from {phone number edited}. Is there any way to block text messages either globally  or to allow text messages only from certain numbers?

Message Edited by Lainey_1165 on 04-30-2008 09:27:02 PM
I just received a spam text message from {phone number edited}. Is there any way to block text messages either globally  or to allow text messages only from certain numbers?

Message Edited by Lainey_1165 on 04-30-2008 09:27:02 PM

Spam text messages

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2008 5:47:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Lainey_1165 on Apr 30, 2008 at 6:27:35 PM

rockingrk wrote:

You can block the messaging completely (need to call CS). Don't know about specific numbers.

Message Edited by Lainey_1165 on 04-30-2008 09:27:35 PM

rockingrk wrote:

You can block the messaging completely (need to call CS). Don't know about specific numbers.

Message Edited by Lainey_1165 on 04-30-2008 09:27:35 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Spam text messages

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2008 8:49:24 PM
(0)
Master
By going to www.wireless.att.com/textmessaging and selecting 'Messaging Preferences' on the right, AT&T customers can now setup and manage their PC-to-Mobile messaging preferences (PC2M). Once registered, customers can create an alias, block incoming messages, manage email delivery controls and setup block/allow lists.

Message Preferences manages PC-to-Mobile user preferences and not Mobile-to-Mobile messaging. It helps customers fight against unsolicited messages and other forms of spam. If you have a question, feel free to ask in our Messaging forum or place a call to Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless handset).

*Taken from Sentry: Click here
By going to www.wireless.att.com/textmessaging and selecting 'Messaging Preferences' on the right, AT&T customers can now setup and manage their PC-to-Mobile messaging preferences (PC2M). Once registered, customers can create an alias, block incoming messages, manage email delivery controls and setup block/allow lists.

Message Preferences manages PC-to-Mobile user preferences and not Mobile-to-Mobile messaging. It helps customers fight against unsolicited messages and other forms of spam. If you have a question, feel free to ask in our Messaging forum or place a call to Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless handset).

*Taken from Sentry: Click here

Re: Spam text messages

3 of 3 (825 Views)