Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY

Cant seem to find too much info on the carrier for this phone. From what I have found, they have not made a CDMA version of this phone, but Verizon seems to be pinged as the launch carrier (of course, they get all the cool phones). Does anyone know if AT&T is on the list be a carrier for this thing? If not, It might be time to make the switch. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 23 (7,189 Views)
Scholar

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY

Yes, but WHEN?? I Really want the ARC, but I have not seen a release date for the US. Canada has before we do. What's up with that??
Message 16 of 23 (2,865 Views)
Master

You could always buy an unlocked ARC with AT&T 3G bands. I have seen a few sites that have them. Over course, this would be full retail price.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 23 (2,860 Views)
Scholar

I actually hope att doesn't pick up the play....I'd rather buy it else where and not be forced off of my non smart phone unlimited text and data.
Message 18 of 23 (2,826 Views)
Contributor

Does anyone know if I buy an unlocked R800i it work on AT&T?  And how would I get it working?  Can someone at my local AT&T store set everything up?  Never did any of this phone stuff before, and I'm just incredibly tired of waiting for AT&T to get this phone.

Message 19 of 23 (2,735 Views)
Voyager

Casepb wrote:

Does anyone know if I buy an unlocked R800i it work on AT&T?  And how would I get it working?  Can someone at my local AT&T store set everything up?  Never did any of this phone stuff before, and I'm just incredibly tired of waiting for AT&T to get this phone.

Don't buy a R800i unless you don't mind losing 3G. The R800i can only use EDGE (2G) on AT&T. Get an unlocked R800a, either a Rogers model or a developer phone (Ebay is your best bet).

I have an unlocked R800a developer phone, and it automatically configured itself for AT&T MMS and such when I started it for the first time. The Rogers model may take a little bit more tweaking, but it shouldn't be that hard.

Message 20 of 23 (2,695 Views)
Contributor

Message 21 of 23 (2,086 Views)
Scholar

I have on good authority that we will see the 4G Xperia play launch the second week of November... right before the holidy rush.

Message 22 of 23 (2,029 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

No sense to get ANY Sony product at this point.  They have dropped the Play for ICS upgrades.  AT&T support seems oblivious to this, and there are no efforts to new users of these phones to compensate them for lack of support and false promises.  AT&T points to Sony, Sony simply shrugs and tells you to buy yet another one of their cell phones.

There will be no Xperia PLAY 2.  the Xperia ION is the next ICS version PLAY - per Sony.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 23 of 23 (1,025 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support