Sony Ericson xperia arc launch

Contributor

Sony Ericson xperia arc launch

Hi,

Could anyone please update me with the launch of xperia arc? I am approaching to my upgrade and I want to know that is at&t launching xperia arc or not. Let me know as I am looking forward to buy this phone. If I could not get it here I might have to change the contract which I don't want to do. Pleae help me out with this issue.

Regards!

Chirag Patel

Message 1 of 24
Tutor

Re: Sony Ericson xperia arc launch

I have not seen any news on that, not even from SE USA. They just added the ARC to their website a few days ago... Unfortunately you can't use any US carrier with ARC except ATT since tMobile is running on 1700/2100 but ARC does not support 1700 so its useless.

Lets hope someone from ATT gives us some updates on this issue and release dates.

Message 2 of 24
Scholar

Let me warn all who will listen:  Do not buy this phone UNLESS it ships with the Android version you hold dear.  Save yourself the grief of waiting weeks and months for an upgrade, even a "promised" one, that may not come.

Message 3 of 24
Tutor

While SE has a bad repution in delivering updates on time or never delivers as promised but anyone buying anything shoudl bare in mind that you buy what you see it is. As you said, buy what you love for that moment not from future promises.

On X10 it wasn't totally SE fault but more ATT to not deliver anything as support for X10 users.

Message 4 of 24
Scholar

Well,the Arc will have the latest Android OS,Gingerbread (2.3.3). I agree with the others;posted on here,twitter and FB about the delay in the current updated OS to 2.1. However, since there were many complaints to SE,the reversed course to update the X10a to Gingerbread also,and that will come through the pc software, not OTA as the phone is set up now. Go to engadget and CNET:,they are first to know when any new mobile is coming to a specific carrier.
Message 5 of 24
Tutor

Well, Rogers in Canada will have ARC by the end of April. That is good news for us since ATT is really slow (I mean disastrous slow) in delivering good and service and leave their customers in pain and embarrassment. 

Message 6 of 24
Tutor

Why no one from AT&T shed some light over this issue. Why is it that AT&T shows a craeless face to its customers?

Message 7 of 24
Teacher

Is there really only 1 single Sony phone on the entire at&t website for sale? The Sony Ericsson Vivaz?
Message 8 of 24
Tutor

Yes, ATT doesn't feel the shame of eating apple too much that been forgeting the rest of oranges....

X10 was there but ATT was lazy to update their software for it to 2.1 and took it off. What a joke.

First I thoght I need some ATT insider come and explain things then I realized that I don't need them to explain anything. ATT is well explained and we all know it by heart. Good for you A+TT

Message 9 of 24
Teacher

Looks like at&t already stopped carrying the Sony Arc and we just missed our chances! Dang. On well. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 24
Tutor

the guys name was Bill gates?Smiley Surprised thats funny.

Thanks for being active.

Message 11 of 24
Teacher

I just used an alias.  I was just trying to see if I could find out any info.  Guess not.  Smiley Happy   I assume the rep was just thinking I was taking about the X10.  But still....  Thought it was funny.  

Message 12 of 24
Teacher

Looks like Experia play will be releasing on Verizon in about 2 weeks.
Message 13 of 24
Tutor

saw that yesterday and this is the one with GSm slot, i guess? I am more looking for ARC. 4/28 for arc with Rogers as well./

Message 14 of 24
Teacher

Xperia Arc the ultimate Android phone?!? Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support