Helpful Links

Solstice problem - turns off then back on randomly

Tutor

Solstice problem - turns off then back on randomly

I have a Samsung Solstice that will randomly power off then back on.  I've checked the battery to make sure it's firmly seated and nothing is allowing it to move.

I've removed the battery and sim card then reinstalled and restarted, but the problem continues.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 14
Master

Re: Solstice problem - turns off then back on randomly

Noipohone wrote:

I have a Samsung Solstice that will randomly power off then back on.  I've checked the battery to make sure it's firmly seated and nothing is allowing it to move.

I've removed the battery and sim card then reinstalled and restarted, but the problem continues.

Any ideas?

This happened to me TWICE today with my LG Neon, right when I was sending a text message. The first time, I took the battery out, then restarted the phone. Next, when I try to send the message, I see the white AT&T screen with the globe, indicating that my phone is turning back on... This is such a pain...Smiley Indifferent

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 14
Tutor

Turns out we stumbled onto what may be the fix.  We had a 2gb micro SD card in the phone for data storage, and when we removed it, the problem went away.  After trying it for a few days without the micro SD card, I plan to reformat the card and put it back in to see if the problem reappears.

Message 3 of 14
Contributor

I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!

We got these new phones in March. My wife's phone has a memory card in it, I do not. Hers is just fine.

For the past 3 days, it just decides to reboot itself. Usually when I am in the middle of a text message or browsing pictures.

Should I call AT&T? I bought it from a kiosk in the mall when I renewed my contract.  Would they be able to do anything?  This is REALLY REALLY getting on my nerves.

Message 4 of 14
Contributor

having the same problem too. 

i have a 2gb microSD card installed. did removing the card helpful? or the phone is defective? 

Message 5 of 14
Contributor

Yes... I too had a 2GB SD card and removing solved the problem. I immediately copied my pictures off the SD card on to my computer and formatted the SD card. Installed the newly formated SD card and the phone was fine. I copied the original photos back on the SD card and everything still worked.  Definitely something gets corrupted on the SD card which causes the Solstice to turn off/on randomly/continuously.  

Message 6 of 14
Contributor

mine is having the same problems and I tried taking out the memory card but it didnt work.  I would really love it if someone could help fix the problem

Message 7 of 14
Tutor

The Solstice II is the worse phone I've ever had. On my 4th one. My daughter has the same phone and has the same issues. They phone turns off randomly, the address book is inaccessible, text messages never arrive, the phone plays touch tone sounds to the far end listener - much to their discomfort.

DO NOT PURCHASE A SAMSUNG SOLSTICE.  ATT is worthless as well. The people at the ATT store are nice, but can't believe they haven't been allowed to do something about it either. All they suggest is that they might be able to shorten my contract so I can BUY a new phone - that is not a solution. The original Solstice was a decent phone, but not this one. ATT should be ashamed of the level of service they don't provide, even when you pay extra for coverage.

Message 8 of 14
Contributor

I totally agree with you.  I hate my Samsung Solstice II!  I got it about a month ago and have the got the same problem with the phone powering off  randomly, a few times every day.  It usually gets to that loading screen, then gets hung up.  Then I have to take the battery out and reinstall it since the buttons are unresponsive.  I am currently in the processing of calling the warrany center for the tenth time.  I called them and told them the problem.  They said it was the battery and sent me a new battery.  Same problem.  I called again and they said I needed a memory card, even though I did not download any new apps., ringtones, pictures, games, etc.  They just sent me a replacement phone yesterday.  It happened three times.  I am going to call them AGAIN.  I just want a different phone.  I hate it!!  Don't get this phone.

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

SAME PROB HERE!!! I have been fighting with my solstice 2 for 2 months..it turns off all the time whether using it or it is just sitting on counter. After the problems started 3 weeks into purchasing the phone, they said it needed a battery update so they sent me a new one. Now we are on our 3RD phone and they are sending me the 4TH one now!! ATT WILL NOT give me another brand. The Solstice 2 has a defect the company wont own up to and now I am screwed. Evidently it does it when the phone switches towers or something and it cant switch without it resetting itself. It is BAD!!! It is NOT the battery, it is NOT an update..it is a Phone flaw! SOrry, but 3 hours yesterday on phone with ATT has me HOT!!!
Message 10 of 14
Contributor

No lo recomiendo, pues llame a ATT me enviaron 2 baterias y me han cambiado las unidades y se siguen apagando

pues llame a Samsung y la gran garantía no cubre el envio a PR - NO sirve y no tiene solución al mismo, estoy esperando que se termine el contrato para cambiarme de compañia

Message 11 of 14
Tutor

Absolutelly agree. I already changed it once after having it for one week. On my second now and the problem persists. I do not have memory card. Just standard as it comes in the box. It tuns on and off, sometimes jsut turns off and does not come back on by itself. I'm planning to go back to the store and complain again. 

Message 12 of 14
Tutor

I have the exact same problem. I already got a new one after one week. I've been using the 2nd one for another week and still having the same problem. I AGREE WITH YOU 100%! And besides all that, I have a big problem with connectivity. Keeps loosing bars all the time.
Message 13 of 14
Contributor

This is the worst phone I have ever owned. It turns off all the time at least 5 times a day. Sometimes it completely goes black and other times it reboots itself. Sometimes the touchscreen stops working and is unresponsive. When I open my address book it loads for a few minutes then says "requesting failed". It shuts off in the middle of my phone calls, text messages, and during any other time. The phone is slow in general and is the worst texting phone ever. The camera is even bad. I hate everything about it and I would never recommend it. The sad thing is that the solstice 1 was actually better than this new one. I hope the company sees our frustration because I'm ready to go to the store and tell them if I don't get a new phone I'm switching to Verizon. On a side note I have AT&T for my internet connection and that sucks too. It fades in and out of service and I have had tons of different problems with it throughout the years. I am very annoyed and plan up switch soon unless these problems are fixed ASAP.
Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support